Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tell me, what's the cause of my condition?

This madness shoots me...

The medical mystery has been solved! Thanks to a test the doc threw in right before I walked out the door (I was beginning to think those vampires liked the way my blood smells), I have some answers. Now I can officially tell everyone who yaps their traps, spouting "Oh, you're ALWAYS sick", to take a flying leap. I AM always sick...but now I know there's a reason. And since I'm stuck with this for life, you can keep any negative comments to yourselves.

The virus I can is incredibly common. My doc said that if she tested herself, she'd probably have it. Todd probably has it. YOU probably have it. The difference is that my condition is chronic and becomes reactivated, making me feel lousy and parading itself around like a cold or flu. And it's both weakened my immune system and caused Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. So I have an explaination as to why I'm always sick and why I'm always tired. The virus is clinging to white blood cells in my throat and immune system therefore I can never shake it.

So what CAN I do?

The doctor prescribed me a drug "which MAY help...but it may not". Reassuring! And it would more or less be helping with the fatigue. But $663 a month for the next 4 months?? Get the Hell out of here. Screw you, pharmacy. Screw you, insurance. That's more than my bills combined. So I'm going the old fashioned route.

I was told to get a lot of quality rest (which is easy cause we like to snooze), lower my stress, get more protein/less sugar, and take the appropriate vitamins/minerals for the conditions: A, B complex, C, E, Magnesium, Selenium, Zinc, & Co-Enzyme Q10. And the amounts I need...we're not talking a multi-vitamin here! I'm going to beat my immune system into shape! I may still be susceptible to everyone's germies, but my body is going to be prepared for battle!

So I fulfilled my promise to Todd and we can get on with our lives.

And hopefully our lives don't include the flu!!

...like bullets smashing glass in a silent movie.

No comments: