Sunday, February 04, 2007

Oh what a birthday surprise!

I went to Carol's Over the Hill-billy Birthday last night and it was a screaming, white trashy success! So many people love Carol to death and I'm one of them. She should be cloned in a miniature version so I can have a Carol that lives at my house...like a kitten. But instead of mewing, she would say hilarious things and sing witty songs. Delightful.

I wasn't in my ultimate party mode which makes me feel like I failed her since I KNOW she'll rock the effin' eff out of my brithday this weekend. I TRIED, believe you me! I had a rough morning at work with the dumb, frozen, popsicle trucks. And then when I tried to take the world's longest cat nap to recoop, well, it just wasn't happening. So I was a sleepy kid. But I slapped on my cowboy shirt, tied up those pigtails, and mosied (possible spelling disaster there) on over the the shin-dig where I had 3 hours of rockin' fun.

Highlights: Rocko was there, Phoebe was there, Carol's one woman band (Miss Firecracker) was AMAZING and sang a song called "Beer-n-Bacon", Uncle Scratch put on there very best basement show which encorporated every maracca-esque instrument in the room and everybody shakin' their shtuff, the lime jello shots were divine, and though I missed Carolaoke (featuring Johnny singing "Every Rose Has It's Thorn"), I know Carol had a great birthday because she was allll smiles. I'm glad I could be a part of it.

No comments: