Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Bill gave me a check for $1,000.00 today. I was like the road runner with a puff of smoke trailing behind me as I high-tailed it to the bank to deposit. It was a Las Vegas funds check which makes us one step closer to walking hand in hand down the strip. I've been experiencing so much anxiety over booking this trip because flights and hotels are filling up due to the race. This race is a BIG deal...it pretty much proves who will be the top dogs of the season. Regardless, once I have my tickets in my hand...I'll be a happy clam and my shoulder tension will disappear, helping solidify not having a hump back in my old age.

Speaking of old age, we have to go to a funeral tonight. Creeps. It was someone I didn't even know but Bill asked me to accompany him. I felt like saying , "We're not going to the movies...you don't need a date". But I'm a girlfriend and that's what we do. We get dressed up and hold hands with our boyfriends while they stare at dead bodies. Yikes. I'm not very good at funerals...I usually tend to smile too much or giggle. I'm totally inappropriate. I'll be honest, I've been thinking of ways to get out of it but that would just make me pathetic. He needs me...I'm there. How could I say no to a guy who just gave me a $1000 check!

But death travels in threes. My grandpa...Mark's dad...who's next!?

No comments: