Sunday, October 22, 2006

We've got each other and that's a lot.

Sweetest Day is my new favorite holiday (outside of my birthday which will just always reign supreme and should probably be a national religious holiday or day of observance or something swelled-headed). Let me tell you why such this 50% cold blooded, cold hearted, spitting and all around rotten (and 50% romantic, mushy, traditional, pile of emotional wreckage) person but away the hate for a day to just feel the love.

I tooka shower (thank the LORD), shaved my legs, lotioned, perfumed, make-up-ed, wore a cute outfit...with heels!!!...and even had a fancy hair-do. I was sort of excited about the whole she-bang! We had a date planned and it seemed like we had both been looking forward to it. I was pretty giddy and sllightly nervous. I made cookies for the occasion. Emotional cookies.

I walk in the house and there are flowers and a card. I'm female. I like flowers.

And a pink gift bag filled with stuff. I am female. I like stuff!

I made out like a bandit! Flowers, card, chocolate covered strawberries, a stuffed Snoopy, a stuffed shark, a skeleton key, more candy, lotto tickets, and a Saki set (or I guess it could be a tea set) from a Chinese restaurant that I REALLY wanted! It was incredible. It showed that he's been paying attention. AND he got me a 12 of PBR (since we're usually Busch Lite people at his house). I enjoyed cocktails and watched 'Corpse Bride' while he cooked...I was banned fromt he kicthen.

When I was allowed in, my plate was all made up and the flowers and candles were ont he table. It was...well...pretty mushy romatic! We had steak, potatos, corn, peas, and bread. AND BEER! We even ate at the kitchen table. After taht we had a fire outside and sat all snuggly. Then we watched the new 'Omen'. Maybe it doesn't sound too fancy or romantic or excting to you but we didn't need to go out and get lobster tail or blow tons of money or be with other people. We didn't really need anything but each other. He knows me. I get that now.

Feel free to throw up now. I'm sure I will. It was just good stuff.

Now I'm off to a family function and I hope I survive it.

No comments: