Monday, October 16, 2006

In his mind, he's still driving.

HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY BRIAN! My Iron Maiden smile up at you from Hell today!

Who had the best weekend???

Well, I'll say any person who has been swimming with sharks, won the lottery, or said the exact right thing to the exact right person at the exact right time, or any person who met Tim Burton, John Waters, or the ghost of Ed Wood. But I had a pretty damn fine weekend if I do say so myself! I am officially a race fan. In a way, I really need to thank Bill for claiming he could turn me into a hillbilly in just 2 weeks. I think I was born to watch NASCAR. It gets my heart pumping AND I can drink lots and lots of beer while doing it. Weeeeeee!

Ready for a choppy recap?

Friday: Left work earlier than planned. Went to Wal-Mart for snacks and UNO (side story: Bill and I have been playing lotsa Yahtzee and he said he thought of bringing it but how silly that we can't find anything more fun to do in a hotel toom than play Yahtzee. Wink wink. We paused and I said, "Let's buy UNO!". And he was like, "OK!". It was cute. We like games). Accidentally left without a road trip Shark which is bad luck. Had my hoodie though. Hit the road. Lots of driving. Lots of talking. Driving. And Driving. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes. Music. Food. Crazy Virgina Country Kitchen with bad green beans and potato pudding. Smooching. Driving. CHARLOTTE! GREAT hotle. Cute town. Showers. Pizza. Nookie. Drafting. Carttons. Sleep. Good Friday! Good night!

Saturday: Got up. Ate muffins. Played UNO. Kicked ass at UNO. Got dressed. Drove to the area of the track to check out the town. Bought a Jimmie Johnson cooler, Jamie and Tony stickers, a Jimmie hat (representing for my man). Ate at Hooters. Vowed to never eat at Hooters again. Went to the mall. LOVED the mall. LOVED Charlotte. Played the "When I move to Charlotte" game. Liked the idea of living in Charlotte with Bill. Bought Sharon D. a treat. Back to the hotel. Napped. Went to the race early. Drank beer. Got a Jamie shirt, NASCAR blanket (for signing up for a credit card), Tony beer cozie, Jamie coffe mug. Found our seats and they ROCKED! Facing the pits. Could see everything! Lots of crashes! Lots of wrecks! Rockin' race! Goofed off and just loved being alone with Bill. Loved him more than ever. Walked to the car. Got lost. Got found. Got back. More pizza. FREAK SHOW WAS ON! Drafting. Sleeping.

Sunday: Packing, showering, heading home. Not too much excitement from there. The ride home is always long and tedious. You want your bed and your pillows and a shower and food. Decided I couldn't eat any more fast food for ahwhile becaise I felt like all I had consumed was junk. Also decided to never let a cigarette touch these lips again because Bill was like a human smoke machine this weekend. Two bad habits broken. Made it home safe and sound and knew that Bill and I sure do make a fine team. He could be my crew cheif any day.

P.S. Tony and Jamie wreched on the 2ns lap. That's a fine how do you do!

No comments: