Monday, October 23, 2006

Taking their time right behind my back.

I'm not going into details, but I woke up yesterday so chipper and high on life and went to bed some melancholy and testy. Let's just say my family function sort of made me feel like a loser, through no one's fault but my own. However, my mom just flat out rules, as does my dad, and the beed lo-main at PF Chang's is kick ass. I eat around the beef. I'm a noodle girl.

I was down in the dumps (I really had that term but I'm not feeling wordy today) when I left there, I was invited to spend the day with "some good people" and I was cheered up by 3 little (and 1 extra large) Sheppards. We played with toys and played video games and air hockey and watched the race and for awhile, my spirits were lifted. But I sunk down again. Again, through no one's fault but my own.

I didn't say much that night and I know Bill was worried. He doesn't like to see me all quiet. I think he'd rather see me go nutty or something. He can deal with nutty. He can't deal with quiet or with not knowing what's up. I didn't want to ruin our rockin' Sweetest Day weekend but I didn't want to say, "Hey, do you think I'm a loser?" either.

I'm taking the day off work tomorrow. A personal day. I earned it for the quarter. I have things I need to accomplish and I need a mental health day to just...set my mental health right. I probably shouldn't sleep at Bill's tonight so I can take advantage of sleeping in but I probably will anyway because I'm a bad decision maker. I'd rather draft him than a stuffed ghost anyway.

Sorry ghost. Who loves ya baby?

No comments: