Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Taking it with her wherever she goes!

Good news! Not only did I make my last payment on a healthy bill I've been paying off for the last year, but our art show at 252 Tattoos in Cleveland is a-go! The lovely Little Jen set it up and it will be a showcase of art and handmade goods made by some of thie most awesome chicks I know!! I'm going to focus on 3 areas:

1. MANNEQUIN PARTS. Todd found a place that sells random used parts incredibly cheap and incredibly close to both my house AND Pat Catan's (a.k.a. my happy place)! We have a few ideas for the hands, maybe a severed head or 2, and I for SURE want to make tables out of the legs. Of course I'm worried that they won't come out the way I envision them in my head but I can try. And with Todd manning the powertools and running the construction end of things, I'm pumped to have something we can work on together.

2. THE ALPHABASTARDS. I've been talking about doing this for awhile (someone else may have given me the idea but I'm adding my spin and taking it to an entirely new level). These will end up being smaller "paintings" centered around letters of the alphabet standing for smutty words, phrases, etc. For example, my first shot will be "F is for Fur Burger and Fish Taco". Another suggestion was "L is for Lady Gravy". And I say "painting" because, yes, they will be painted, but I'm going to encorporate other materials...fabrics, glitter, embelishments. They're going to be more 3-D than past paintings I've done. Overall, I think they will be hilarious...and a lot of work.

3. AS YET UN-NAMED VOODOO DOLLS. Using Plushforms may seem like a cop-out but they are PERFECT for making adorable voodoo dolls pierced with ginormous pins! I want to TRY and make 10 voodoo dolls with various themes but like the mannequin parts, I'm not sure if what I see in my head will end up coming to life. I like the idea of sewing little clothes and adding details to bring them to life. Doing something like this gives me more options and let's me being creative is a way that's different than painting. I still need a clever name for them. That's where my creativity stops.

So as of right now, it looks like the show will be at the end of June or some time in July. Which means I have to start working NOW. I was rushing where Cannibalicious! was concerned. I don't want to be as bananas as I was the last month of prepping for that. Granted, that was a solo show and this isn't. There was more pressure on me last time. Little Jen and Erin will have all their awesome stuff, too...and whichever other tattooed chicks confirm (tattoos, art and vaginas are what tie this show together)...so I am P-U-M-P-E-D.

More details as the show developes.

5 comments:

erin said...

sooooooo excited

The Drunken Gnome said...

I'm pumped too! Better get crafting.......

Camevil said...

Pretty cool art ideas for the next show...can't wait to see what your twisted creativity will do with the mannequin parts.

Camevil said...

AND...I can comment! Now let's hope I don't sabotage the computer doing something else.

Betty said...

Hello! Just blogspotting. Great blog! I bookmarked it.

Happy blogging! :)