Thursday, July 17, 2008

Nothing to hide. Believe what I say.

I downsized some of my stuff, I ate ice-cream, I vented via text message to the love of my life, I painted the "Best Back Seat" trophy, I practiced Pussyfootin' for the Dragway, I had a beer, I had girl talk, I showered with a man, I watched cartoons, I was spooned...nothing. No combination of the above activities helped me shake whatever is buggin'. Still can't pinpoint what's ruffling my feathers. All I know is SOMETHING is wrong with me and it's both making me emo and making me feel like I'm not in my own body. I don't get it but I know I don't like it.

Todd's being super cool about my moody 'tude, even though he did tell me I looked like I was dying (but merely looking like I'm dying still has me reigning supreme over the gal he said already looks dead...aw shucks). He did make a comment that was WORSE (and partially terrifying) than the comment about my appearance...but I don't even want to repeat it. I refuse to curse myself!!! Regardless, he's being a total sweetheart and I'm appreciating every second of it, even if I seem like I'm planning to jump off a bridge or punch him in the face. I know he is not even a tiny fraction to blame for...whatever the eff is going on with me. He's good stuff. And that's why I need to snap out of it! His weird moods were almost the death of me recently. I don't want to put undue stress on him. And things have been beyond rad with us the past 2 weeks. Gotta keep it moving full-speed ahead!!!

My favorite cheer-up remedy used to be Potsie doing "The Snoopy Dance". It worked every time. I'm a different person now than I was when that would cheer me up. NOW...she has to dance around to "Livin' Thing" by E.L.O. in my living room! She looks so happy and has such a blast that you can't help but smile. I told her that I will play "Livin' Thing" at my (hypothetical) wedding reception but she will be the only one allowed on the floor. Everyone needs to be a witness to the magic that is Karen/Potsie Shark-Pants/Tootsie Pop and song 83:11. I listened to it the entire way to work and for some reason, I saw my future flash before my eyes. It was comforting and quite sexy.

Dragway 42 this weeknd. PFG on Saturday. Be there.

No comments: