Thursday, July 03, 2008

Like a band of gypsies, we go down the highway.

Something is wrong with me today and I feel a slight panic coming on. The hours have been crawling by which is getting under my skin. And I feel very emotional. I've been flipping between thinking I'm going to cry and thinking I'm going to have an anxiety attack (not because I feel anxious but because my heart is really thumping in there). I guess I feel nervous and there's just no reason for it.

I don't know what's going on with me today. TODAY, of all days, I should be nothing but SUPER PSYCHED! I mean, we're leaving for Heavy Rebel tonight! Sure, my laundry isn't done, I still need a few things from the store, and I'm not packed...but none of those things are bothering me. I know they'll get done before we hit the dusty trail. I want to be PUMPED, God damn it. I've been counting down this trip sincethere were 130 days to go! WTF!?!?!?!

I know...or I'm hoping to Sweet Zombie Jesus...that all of this tightness in my chest with dissolve once we're in the car, Todd and I are holding hands, Johnny is saying something ridiculous, and tunes are blasting. Maybe I'm just over-excited! In a way, this weird feeling in my chest sort of feels like extra adrenaline! And when you get too much adrenaline, you can tend to feel ill! Alright...I'm totally going to ride this wave. I don't feel well because I'm just too damn psyched for Heavy Rebel *has fingers crossed behind back*

No comments: