Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tear-stained pictures of younger days.

I'm watching "Celebrity Fit Club". Bobby Brown needs a beat down. Jackass. And these fools on "True Life: I'm a Compulsive Shopper" can just take a hike as far as I'm concerned. Is "My Life As Liz" an actual documentary about a real person? She seems mighty phony and way too cute. On deck? An episode of "Parenthood" that I missed starring the former Lorelai Gilmore. Yep. Turning my brain to mush...by choice.

And you heard it here first: Naduah or Raina will win America's Next Top Model. It'll be quite the toss up between bald-headed or block-toothed. Wednesday nights are cherished.

This weekend was pretty solid, I'm happy to report.

I got a bonus day off which I spent shopping...something I am not very good at. I rush in and out of stores like a spazz. I hate trying on clothes. I hate dealing with crowded stores and over-stuffed racks. And for whatever reason, I was not feeling my body in the mall mirror but I think a lot of it was in my head. Due to the Bronchitis, I haven't been to the gym but I'm fixing that tomorrow. And I managed to get my shtuff together enough to find a bunch of new duds and accesories without clubbing a sales girl to death with a hanger.

Todd and I had a super fun lunch date, bought our Deadbolt tickets (!!!), and went to Phoebe's art show at Brandt Gallery. The artist was as cute as could be and the work was amazing. She sold a boatload and deserves all of her success. High five. It was great to spend two days in a row drinking and gabbing with Rocko, Poppy and Carol, as we saw them all again at Phoebe and Ryan's reception, along with a bunch of my other amazing pals. Congrats and all the happiness in the world to Mr. and Mrs. Foltz. No one deserves it more. And I still owe you a "bachelorette" Melting Pot date. A little out of order but why be traditional?

Today has been quiet and lowkey. We ordered in some Chinese food, watched "Zombieland" and "Shaun Of The Dead" while the puppies munched on new bones.The hubby has hit the matress early so I'm enjoying a little chill time: blogging, bad TV, doing laundry, eating ice cream. Weekends need to be more like this one with a good balance of "me" time, out-n-about time, and quality home time. My batteries feel recharged for whatever the week ahead throws at me. I'm ready to work, I'm ready to sweat, I'm ready. Period.

And to my friends riding the rollercoaster right now, I'm thinking about you. I have zero words of wisdom. I'm just sorry that you have to be on the rollercoaster at all. You're awesome people and I hope good things quickly come your way!

1 comment:

Camevil said...

This was a primo Phoebe weekend, fo sho. Good to see you have the Sunday chill time down to a science. Sundays are my new favorite day of the week.

Rollercoasters are not always fun, we found out the hard way. Or perhaps this was more like that nauseous carney ride that keeps spinning in a circle while you're stuck helpless on a floorless wall. What is that ride called again? The rotor?

Anyway, hugs and thanks for the kind words.