Monday, February 08, 2010

It's early but I'm doing what I can!

Let's just get this out of the way: I'm so disappointed in you, Colts. You could've won. You should've won. And Hank? The first time I actually SEE YOU involved in a play...you botch it. It's official, my 6 year reign of calling Super Bowl winners is over. BUT...I did have the winning squares for both the 1st and 2nd quarters! That's right, the first half of the Super Bowl (and 80 bones) belongs to ME! Zombieland and Whip It, here I come!

I'm 31 and loving it!

Birthday weekend was a smashing success and I want to thank EVERYONE for EVERYTHING. All of the bands that played, everyone that came, everyone that brought food, booze, gifts, everyone who sent warms wishes...thank you! I couldn't have had a better time. Honestly.

While the whole night (and into the morning) solidly rocked, I think my favorite moments were a three way tie between Gimmed Dat Shoe's AMAZING cover of "Maneater", hearing Mountain Shaker do "Bust a Move" at the exact moment I turned 31, and staying up until 6:00am talking with Ben while Todd rubbed my head. Good times.

And my favorite gift?? I got some truly cool stuff...a sticker that says "This Vehicle Transforms Into Robot" and a ghost Dunny I've been lusting after (thanks Phoebe!!), a pendant and mix CD (sooooooo awesome) from Erin, Sugar's hilarious owl necklace and t-shirt that says "Liquor Is Quicker", mischievious carrot salt and pepper shakers from Bob & Stephanie, and much, much more (Mad Dog 20/20 anyone?). But my favorite and most clever gift?? Jen's "baby making" bag!! It was a beautiful purse filled with pre-natal vitamins, Cocoa Buttery lotion, and a Twix bar! BWAHAHA. I get the hint...we're on it!

So 31 beat the pants off of 30. I'm a happy girl.

Our foster dog, Nitro, came yesterday. I was not pro-second dog but...he's totally got me suckered. Shelby is running on go at all times. She doesnt' sit still, she doesn't chill, she certainly doesn't cuddle. But Nitro (I'm embarrassed to even type that) is a snuggler. He climbed right on my lap, made a circle and napped on me. He knew that he had to win mama over in order to become part of the family. He owns me, all due to being a snuggle bug. Boy oh boy is Shelby a jealous girl! And all she wanted to do was play with him...but I think due to all the excitement, he was tuckered out. She just watched him sleep, waiting for her chance to get her play on.

He's wearing a dog diaper to prevent marking. HILARIOUS!

1 comment:

Camevil said...

I like Maneater and all, but when is somebody going to cover Adult Education?