Wednesday, February 24, 2010

If only you'd tell us, we'd let you go!

My morning playlist included jams by the following:

Chicago, Mohammed Rafi, Dead Milkmen, Lady Gaga, The Spits, Murder City Devils, Buddy Holly & The Crickets, The Fratellis, Kings of Nuthin', Leslie Gore, Superdrag, Ida Maria, The Riverdales, Madonna, and Joan Jett & The Blackhearts. What a mess! All over the map!

I'd say 75% of the music on my Ipod is junk that no one wants to listen to but me. But DAMN, does it make me happy! My name is Patti Cake and I am NOT afraid to admit I listen to horrible music, dance around in my underwear, and sing at the top of my llllllungs in the car, amusing truckers for miles!

Yeah, I downloaded the new AFI album. What!? WHAT!?

And Cult Of The Psychic Fetus opening for Deadbolt? RAD!

Since Saturday morning, I've been on some sort of goofy, happy, highschool high! Everything just seems to be falling into place. Work, home, marriage, money...we're opening a joint checking account on Friday like real, live adults! I think the only stress I have right now is getting our family vacation paid off by the end of April. It's rare for things to be going this smoothly. I'm afraid to jinx it!

I am having a little trouble getting started on my projects for the Arts & Oddities by The Painted Ladies of NE Ohio show. I just don't know where to begin. I need to pick one of my 3 areas (Alpha Bastards, mannequin parts, or VooDooBillys/VooDooBettys) and just dive in. I think I see trips to Pat Catan's & JoAnn's in my weekend future!

Speaking of the future...

Tomorrow is my first measurement/weigh-in as I've hit the one month mark of working out. I'm slightly nervous because I was down and out for 2 weeks with a virus, a flu, and a general inability to hold my own head up. I'm only 4 workouts behind but I'm still bumming...I need some results to keep the motivation high! The goal was 15 pounds and 8 inches by April 20th...man, there are a lot of numbers in this paragraph. I don't want your brains to hurt! Just wish me luck!

No comments: