Thursday, November 05, 2009

Message received loud and clear.

I think there's something in the water that's sending people I know on a variety of emotional rollercoasters! I can't test my hypothesis because anyone who knows me knows I don't drink water. But emotions are running high, this much I do know. I feel pretty level right now, outside of work being a busy beehive, f-f-f-f-f-fatigue taking over my vessel, and an angry burn on my wrist reminding me who's boss. Carol is starting every day off by reminding herself what she's thankful for. I've decided to make a list of things that make me hap-hap-happy in an effort to protect myself from any rollercoaster rides (similar plan is in effect to keep the flu at bay and so far, so flipping good).

1. Watching TV boxsets in bed: I LOVE our bed. I've had my pillow since I was 19, which is probably unhealthy and is certainly gross. And I love Grey's Anatomy, How I Met Your Mother, Ugly Betty, etc. Putting on a good pair of PJs and getting in bed with a glass of juice is the best way for me to destress. A close second is attacking the DVR on Fridays. Project Runway, ANTM, Top Chef...HEAVEN!

2. PJ Thursdays: Months ago, Todd got starting asking me if he could take me out for a drink every Thursday. We picked a cool bar close to home that was douchebag-free. And it became our date night! He stopped asking me because it was just KNOWN! It has since expanded and now friends join, food is a given, and there is typically at least ONE fruity-n-delicious shot! It wraps destress for the weekend. It's my favorite night of the week.

3. Nolan Lucky and Evan James: Nolan is my 16 month old boyfriend and he's just awesome, like his mama. He is FAR cooler than I will ever be. He almost wore a shirt to the wedding that said, "I OBJECT!". Swoon! Evan James is my 6 day old boyfriend and I fell in love with him in utero. He was IN my wedding! The second I saw him perfect face...hooked. His picture is my cell wallpaper. These 2 dudes are going to rule the world. No doubt.

4. They Might Be Giants: While they DO have a few sad songs...you wouldn't really know it! All of their songs SEEM so HAPPY! Anything negative or boo-hoo they have to say, they disguise in utter awesomeness! We should all take a cue from them. When they sing, "No one in the world ever gets what they want and that is beautiful. Everybody dies frustrated and sad and that is beautiful", and you're still dancing and smiling? That is JOY right there.

5. Our wedding pictures: Not only do we look genuinely happy, but we look like us. There's goofy faces and odd poses and we thumb-wrestled and kissed and drank beer and I carried my lunchbox and we just were who we ARE. I don't look at those pictures and see a fancied up version of us. I just see us. And I see the people we love being themselves. If our house was burning down and I could only save one thing, it would be these photos (if my husband was already safe, that is).

6. Blind box toys: Specifically Smorkin' Labbits, Mongers, Yummy Breakfasts, and anything with a moustache. I haven't been to Carol & John's in awhile and that's probably a good thing. You think you can buy just one of each but you CAN'T! You don't know what's inside. It's a gamble. It's a RUSH! You want that surge of adrenaline as your opening the silver foil. I'm still dying ot get the angel and moustache Smorkin' Labbits but I need to practice self-control!

7. Dave & Buster's: Yes, it's expensive, but I have NEVER left there unhappy. They have the BEST cheese fries and the BEST cheesesteaks! The shots are yum, the beers are cold, and the games are a BLAST! I even came close to beating Todd in hoops (I claim I'm going to dominate every time). It's not Vegas but the lights and chimes and chaos make it a damn good time.

8. Airports: I love everything about airports. I even love checking baggage and waiting in the security line. An airport means you're going somewhere or you've been somewhere. I love stopping in a shop and getting magazine for the flight, the lame ass snack/meal they give you onboard, getting an inflight movie when travelling long distances, being in different airports (they serve Presidente at the Hollywood/Ft. Lauderale airport). I love it ALL! Is it April yet??

I'll leave it at 8. 8 is great and I'm happy.

Saturday is Todd's 30 Birthday. We'll be at PJ McIntyre's at 7:00pm so come on down and buy Todd (and his awesome wife) a beer, a shot, a basket of ribs, whatever! If you haven't been there, it's a rad place and the food is amazing. They've trippled the size of their menu recently, Annie makes the best shots in West Park...if not THE WORLD...AND there's an 80s cover band that night! It's got Todd written all over it! We hopt to see all y'all there!!

xo

3 comments:

Dave & Busters said...

Glad you enjoyed D&B! Just wanted to let you know about this contest-

Fan D&B on Facebook by November 21st and you’re eligible to win a trip for two to New York City!
Winning fan and a friend will receive:
• Airfare, airport transfers and 2-night hotel stay for two
• Two $100 Power Cards good for games at the Dave & Buster’s Times Square location
• $200 in D&B Dollars good for food and drink at the Dave & Buster’s Times Square location
• $500 Visa Gift Card
Enter the contest here! http://bit.ly/5SjUZ

erin said...

and here i thought every time you mentioned pj thursdays you were sitting at home in your pajamas. oOPS!

Camevil said...

Dave and Busters is our favorite place to be unapologetically juvenile. Next to Geneva on the Lake, which sells cheese on a stick and is thus no. 1. You can't tear me away from the coin pusher machines, skeeball or the trivia game.

Now I'm happy, too. Thanks!