Thursday, July 16, 2009

I know what comfort you are.

There is a song called "Capsized" by a band named Enormous. I got the CD in a grab bag from Perry's Rockpile when it was still open. Any free money I had EVER in high school was spent there on band t-shirts and stickers. Not the point. The point is, I thought this CD was going to be utter garabage and maybe it was. But that song..."Capsized"...it's in my head. I can't shake it. And I can't find the CD anywhere. In fact, I think the last time I heard that song was on a casette tape I made when I still had a Ford Explorer. I need to hear it. I need to sing it at the top of my lungs and get it out of my brain. So someone...for crying out loud...find it for me! And while you're at it, find "Beer, Beer and 15 Year Olds" by Grand Prixx. It was on a Lab Rat Records comp. I need that too...in order to maintain sanity.

"Good Luck painting all weekend...I just couldn't have that kind of love for something.. I'm really proud of you for sticking with this for so long. : )".

More words of encouragment, this time from Tessa. It's good to be getting these pats on the back. Now is the time that I need them. Now is the time I need cheerleaders. I have 3 weekends left...can't ask for an extension, can't add more days to the month. I am transporting all of the paintings to the gallery on Wednesday August 5th and then they'll be hung. I think it's going to blow my mind seeind all of my hard work up there on the walls. I appreciate everyone's support. I know I've been sort of M.I.A. I also know I've been cranky...my back and neck and hands get sore. I don't stop to eat. I can't sleep most nights. So just know I appreciate every kind word and gesture. Enough with the sap.

This weekend, I hae quite a few things to mix in with the paint. Tattoo removal, Sasquatch and the Sickabillies, hanging out with Tom & Carol & Todd, making chicken paprikash, reading "Twilight" and then "New Moon", and at SOME point...I need to start weeding my house out. The wedding shower is in 24 days and I'd like to get the old stuff and stuff we don't need (a.k.a. clutter) out before bringing all the new stuff IN. When we get back from our honeymoon, I want to just be able to LIVE and not have to spend an eternity trying to make things organized! So...yeah...add that nonsense to my "To Do" list.

So even if everything is bananas, life is still good.

1 comment:

Camevil said...

If all else fails, pour tempura paint over your naked body and roll around on some canvases. It worked for Farrah, god rest her soul.