Tuesday, July 07, 2009

And it wouldn't be the same without you!

I guess since this is wedding-related, it could and maybe SHOULD go in the Skunk-n-Weasel wedding blog. But despite it's wedding-relatedness...it's actually Phoebe-centric. Yes, ladies-n-germs, I am going blather for a minute about how awesome Phoebe is and how she should be cloned and distributed. But only to the worthy. I finally got to spend some one-on-one time with Bizzle last night which just reignited my love for her. Her non-husband better watch out!

So last night I met up with Phoebe and for whatever reason, as soon as I sat down, all the stress I had recently been experiencing popped right into my brain! And then out of my mouth! I made a "To Do" list, if you will, for Phoebe which made me feel like a royal scumbag! But she is my MOH and my go-to gal and unfortunately, there were a few things I needed to go-to her for. The wedding is only 74 days away. That's really not a lot of time and there really IS a lot to do. I have to be more organized that I ever have before! Hence...the list.

And she was majorly receptive! We quickly went item by item and she made notes and suggestions and was just...on top of it all. I can honestly say that she has not turned down one thing I've asked her and has been utterly helpful from square one. But I was still all full of stress. Things went sooooooo easily in the beginning and now, with the loose ends, it's starting to get difficult. But she squeezed me (not in a filthy way) and licked my arm (also not in a filthy way) and told me I was allowed to be stressed and jittery. Thank God!

She also fed me beer as this wedding has made me poor-n-thirsty.

I still feel kind of like a little snake for handing her a list. It's not at all like I'm commanding her to do my bidding. But it feels that way. Besides what she's already done, she's in charge of the ceterpieces for the reception, securing the gifts for my gals, possible making my wedding necklace, and helping get the bachelorette par-tay thing-a-ma-jig organized. She's even going to help do Todd's hair on wedding day!!! I'd have dropped dead long ago without her help. So thank you, Phoebe. For everything you've done, everything you're doing, for letting me freak out and stress out and ramble and just been nutty. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. And how much Todd appreciate's it. And I'm sure you'll appreciate when this whole thing is over. I don't blame you.

But I do love you.

1 comment:

phoebe marie said...

wow, i don't know what to say...

i do believe i'm a-blushin'!

i guess all i CAN say is, dude - stop sweatin. you know if i felt like you were being demanding in any way i'd tell you. and you're SO not. i am your MOH. and more than that, i'm your friend. and i love you and i am thrilled for you and i am 150% willing to do any god damned thing thing you need me to do that i am capable of doing in order to help you pull off this super snazzy shindig with the least amount of stress and worry possible.
now settle down. and lay out your comfy pants for tomorrow night.
xxo.