Monday, October 27, 2008

Makes you think all the world's a sunny day.

Still sick. Eleven days and couting.

We cancelled our first PFG show in the 3.5 years we've been together. I feel like a total scumbag but it was beyond our control. I had considered the possibility on Thursday but felt SO scummy about it that I figured we'd just tuff it out. We're tuff cookies. But Christina and I got WORSE overnight. While Karen is one Hell of a fucking machine, she couldn't do the whole show by herself and she knew it was too much for us. We would've been total garbage. And as she said, "A sick Pussyfoot show is NO FUN". She was so understanding. I feel like I should buy her cookies or something. Rice. She likes rice. We hope Cedar's doesn't hold this against us because we love it there. I missed Hucklebucks. Cry. Pout. Moan.

But something AMAZING happened Friday.

I just can't say what it was. There isn't a name for it.

I have to stop thinking about it. Le sigh.

The rest of the weekend was pretty bare bones due to my illness. Couldn't even drag my sorry ass into work which my co-workers will thank me for. I did eat a steak and it was amazing. Everything tasted/smelled/sounded/felt/looked a little bit better on Friday. Besides me. I was a nasty, sick, hot mess. Saturday I painted...all day...and worked on my Plushform. I was productive. I was encouraged. But I'm pretty sure something was stabbing me abdominally from the inside. Happened again last night during an intense game of Yahtzee. Regardless...made art progress and house progress this weekend...AND saw what will forever be called "the peach blur" and loved it.

Halloween is Friday and since the last 2 Halloweens have been total nightmares for me (and not the fun Halloweeny kind of nightmares)...I'm really counting on the promise that "this year will be different". How could it not be awesome with what we have planned? And (almost) all of my favorite peeps will be in one place, swigging beer and rocking out! Yeah...Halloween is going to be mind blowing. I hope it blows my mind all over your face! BWAH HA HA HA HA HA!

No comments: