Monday, October 13, 2008

If you kiss me mister, you must think I'm pretty.

Fiddlesticks!

Todd and I both agree that last night was the WORST sleeping experience we've ever had. We could NOT sleep. We could snuggle...we just couldn't SLEEP. And it's not like we got a few hours and are just bitching. We didn't sleep...period. When I turned, he turned. When he turned, I turned. We looked at the clock every 20 minutes. I was hot and fussy and his legs and feet hurt. We were generally uncomfortable. We were also generally hungover most of the day. I had to pull the trigger. His stomach was in knots. The hangovers and gone but the exhaustion is hanging on for dear life. Todd and I have a toasty warm coma planned post-work and I couldn't be more psyched.

I just got a text asking, "Is it Lacey O'Clock yet?". Sigh.

Oh! NEWS! My art show...tentatively titled "Cannibalicious"...thanks Tom...will run at Low Life Gallery from August 7th to August 31st. There will be a Friday night opening reception thing-a-ma-jig and I expect you all to be there and looking hot. Even mommy dearest said she'll be there. Todd says at the rate I'm going, I'll have 2 paintings and he's right. I didn't paint at ALL this weekend. And there's mandatory overtime this week (trust me...I can use the scratch) so I can't devote my entire Friday to painting. I need to get back on track. I want 50 to 60 pieces so I need to buckle the fuck down. But first...I need to get some sleep. And I can't. Any suggestions?

This weekend was fun and productive in other ways so I have no regrets about not painting. It was fun and productive and smutty. LOTS of smut. In fact, there's a funny story about our smuttiness but it's on good, ol' My Space for my nearest and dearest to read and get sickened by. Fun and productive and smutty...the story of my life! I can't focus on this anymore. I need the caffeine to kick in before the wit and wonder does.

No comments: