Saturday, July 16, 2005

What words rhyme with "buried alive"?

If Lisa Lybargally and I had a baby, I would name it Nurse Shark.

They might be bald. They might be snow. They might be something else in the snow. Tabloid footprints in your hair. Tabloid footprints everywhere. We can't be silent cause They Might Be Giants and what are we gonna do unless they are?

Miss Phoebe Bean and I went to see...you guess it...They Might Be Giants, my most favorite band on this planet and others, last night. And while it wasn't the BEST time I've ever seen them, it still made my calves do the Pink Ladies dance until they could shake no more! MPB said I had the most ridiculous grin slapped on my face and that she had never seen me quite so geeked before, which was probably true! I had been counting down the days to this for MONTHS and my adrenaline was so high, that I thought I was going to toss my cookies even though I had only had one plastic bottle of beer!

Interjections (show excitement and emotion...they're generally set apart from a sentence by an exclaimation point or by a comma when the feeling's not as strong): If you go to San Antonio and you're in a band...do NOT drink the frothy drinks that a bartender serves you or you may very well end up in a Vampire movie. Just a word to the wise!

Corn Mo, a man we were VERY wary of, wrote a song called "Jason Kline Cried Today" about a bunch of kids standing behind a building at school, eating sandwiches (my favorite part), which prompting one kid named Jason to take a leak on another kid named Jason. Then he cried because he had to go to class covered in someone else's urine. Pure genius!

Going to see They Might Be Giants really put me in my element...an element that is purely mine since no one else seems to appreciate them to the degree that I do. I needed that...to be in my element...since things have been rough recently and I can't really figure out how to handle the drastic change from things being really flipping good to heartbreaking and back again. It's not good on a person to feel like that...at all. This show helped remind me that things are NOT always bad and they won't always be bad. No matter how dim things seem, they WILL get better...with time. I have to believe that or I will go insane, shave my head, change my name to Argyle and move to Guam.

I would not look good bald, as I've always said.

While I won't remember EVERY song they played...
Alphabet of Nations
Ana Ng
Birdhouse In Your Soul
Clap Your Hands
Damn Good Times
Doctor Worm
Drink
Experimental Film
Fingertips
Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
It's Kickin' In
James K. Polk
Mammal
New York City
Robot Parade
She's an Angel
Snail Shell
Spine
Stalk of Wheat
Working Undercover For the Man
Finale: cover of some Hocus Pocus song with Corn Mo on vocals.
*also played a short first set of quick songs they had written about certain venues they had played on the tour including Anaheim House of Blues, The Egg in Albany, and Mr. Smalls in Pittsburgh.

Genius. Always and forver! Seeing their children's show at 3:00p today!!!

No comments: