Thursday, July 07, 2005

3 arms wrapped around me and 2 arms hold me tight.

I guess Ghoulies aren't go.

As you will see from days gone by, I listed the Groovie Ghoulies show under me "to do" list and it looked as follows: Wed. July 7 * Groovie Ghoulies, Vista Cruisers, Teenage Bottle Rockets, Teenage Harlots * Lime Spider * 9:30PM * $5 21 and over, $10 18-20 unless otherwise noted.

As you may have picked up on, my facts are contradicting themselves as YESTERDAY was Wednesday but TODAY was the 7th. Upon transfering the information from this site to my travelling schedule that I never leave home without, I plopped the event down in today's box. Sadly...it was yesterday that the Groovie Ghoulies rocked Akron. I have missed them once again and managed to make Switchblade miss them. I feel like a toad. A slimy worthless toad that always seems to be under people's boots at the wrong time.

Sorry Johnny.

As far as all the rubbish going on in my tiny, little life goes, it's just gotten more stinky and more rotten. You will notice, or maybe you have to be informed, that this gunk was brought to my attention, I accepted it as fact, I reacted. Now it seems as if the two parties involved have conflicting stories. It's possible that one is lying to save face. It's possible that the other exaggerates when drunk. All I know is that my feelings were/are so badly hurt that I cried at work and decided that physical action (i.e. "putting the stamp on" someone) was the best route...and I was totally supported in that course of action.

I'm putting that on the back burner for now...but that doesn't mean that I'm not burning hot with firey anger. No matter who said or did what, one of the gruesome twosome was not being a good friend when they should have been (i.e. hanging out with my husband while we hit rocky times but still claiming to support me while my chest was ripped open...you guessed it...Indiana Jones-style). So my head is swimming.

And I hate "i.e."...a lot.

BUT...as Ice Cube has always so eloquently said...TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY. I mean, really good. Damn good. And I appreciated every second of it. I really took the time to stop and think, "Hey, today really rocks. I feel good. I can ignore the flies that are swarming for the time being". I hope there is a repeat performance tomorrow. I sure could stand that. Thanks to everyone who made it a really fantastic Thursday...or at least it WAS fantastic until I realized I messed up where the Ghoulies were concerned. Ribbet!

THIS SATURDAY
July 9th at 6:00
The 2nd Annual Rockabilly Deluxe
Old Custom Rat Rod and Bike Show
Leroy Thompson Choppers in Mentor

Entertainment by:
Lords of the Highway
Cool-Aide
The Pussyfoot Girls (9:00p, y'all)
Buck Stevens and the Buckshots

Food and beverages, too! YEEHAW!

2 comments:

Sharky Marie P.G. said...

My group of all gal Go-Go dancers has a routine to a Tom Waites song so...he's in the clear.

But usually I don't like him.

And you dissed Ohio so I'm not sure I like you.

But I do.

Cause you're snappy.

And if you DO come to Ohio to help me bust up my enemies, I hope we can do it ninja-style...cause that's how I like to bust people up the most!

Anonymous said...

to comment on a different blog i just read...dont you EVER EVER EVER say in front of me that you didnt fight hard enough, or that you quit. I will not accept that garbage from you! That is not the best friend that i know and i will disown you. You can fight for yourself...just you, you cant fight a battle that the other team refuses. Its his loss and he is many things that i will not say. You are Stronger than you think, and i will not accept ANYTHING less than that from you. Besides, who is going to be my hero if the girl i looked up to all my life thinks shes a quitter? Think about me for fucks sake!!! ^..^~ You cry all the tears you need to cry and ill be there with the Kleenex...but never again will you say that you gave up. NEVER. Got it?