Saturday, July 09, 2005

Times won't always be as hard as these.

Boy oh boy, am I glad that I didn't let my crippling stage fright keep me from joining The Pussyfoot Girls. The shows and the practices have been some of the best times I've had in my entire life and when I think about the fact that I didn't plan to continue beyond the first show, I could just kick myself square in the brain. Absurd. This has given me a hobby that I really enjoy, an opportunity to spend time with the coolest gals I know, and let's face it, a chance to run around town in my knickers, shaking my jugs and slappin' my friends on the ass. Don't act like you don't wish you could do that too!

And tonight's show should be especially rockin' and rollin', to say the very least. We've busted our asses for the past few weeks, doubled our set length, tightened up, and I really think it should be a highly entertaining way to spend my Saturday. Especially after I use up all of my drink tickets...and yours! Switchblade promised to have some new material which is something to look forward to. Not that "Lacey, what would your mother think?" and "Cover yourself!" weren't some real gems in themselves. And a little birdie mentioned that Eerie might be coming, which will be so flippin' rad since I'm beginning to think she's a figment of my imagination.

So come on out to the 2nd Annual Rockabilly Deluxe Rat Rod and Bike Show at Leroy Thompson Choppers in Mentor...and enjoy The Pussyfoot Girls, Lords of the Highway and more in the great outdoors! Rumor has it we'll be performing on a flat bed truck! How rock-n-roll is THAT? I'm hoping to rumble with some old school bikers and have a new school chopper guy rescue me. What a way to spend the day! But if you MUST miss out because you're having a liver transplant or your cactus died in a fire or your feet hurt from having 9 blisters or you have you children for the weekend, here is the set list you'll be missing out on (* features yours turly):

*Intros: instrumental
You Really Got Me by The Kinks
*Love Me Like Crazy by Cave Catt Sammy
*Itchy Pussy by Hillbilly Varmints (performed by Queen La Tata)
Whiplash by Big John Bates (scarf dance)
Heebie Jeebies by Nick Curran
*Mustang by The Kinfolks (chair dance)
*Whore For the Devil by The Hangmen
Rock Lobster by the B-52s
Loretta by Nervous Eaters covered by Neko Case
*Finale: Little Demon by Screamin' Jay Hawkins

No comments: