Monday, August 09, 2010

Don't let her see a cloudy sky.

Welcome to the world, Olivia Paige Bell!

I'm so excited for Dennis and April and can't wait to meet Olivia! They're going to be rad parents. Same with Bob and Stephanie when their little one shows up. I feel like I'm surrounded by babies and pregnancy these days. Hopefully it will rub off on us. But I do know that getting rubbed doesn't make babies so...  Yesterday Todd was showing some of our friends around the house and I heard him say, "And this is the baby's room." My fingers are crossed for the 6th month in a row.

FINALLY got to swim in our pool. AND got to lounge in our hot tub. I need some sweet Tiger Beat posters to hang above it. Dave Coverdale, Jon Bon Jovi, Tommy Lee, Bret Michaels...maybe a little Samantha Fox and Lita Ford action for Todd. Nothing says HOT TUB like 1980s Tiger Beat poster pull-out stars.

Those rockers were probably too rebellious for Tiger Beat.

I miss my friends. I miss being social. We missed Rock-n-Bowl, Rock-n-Race, Road Rash Bash, and I'm sure plenty of other events. I'm worried people will stop inviting us places. Believe me, I'm sick of missing out. I'm by no means sick of the new house but I AM sick of getting the old house ready for the market. I think Saturday was our last day of cleaning and painting and prepping. I can't go back there again. It breaks my heart a little. My heart and my brain and my body are beat.

Luckily, we're going to Kalahari this weekend for an "adults only" chill out. I think we're worked really hard over the past 6 weeks so I'm going to float along the Lazy River, drink a Banana Mudslide and just turn my brain off. THEN I'm going to pick a day to invite everyone over to see Castle Grayskull. I need to see my pals. I need to socialize!

Today is 8-9-10.  Neat!

No comments: