Monday, August 16, 2010

I know I won't be leaving here with you.

One of my favorite people on the planet is coming to visit this weekend. I've ranted-n-raved abotu how Becky kept me alive and my head above water for many years. She is without a doubt one of my heroes. I'm under a little black raincloud right now (0 for 6, dammit) so I can't wait to see her smiling face. Her constantly positive and upbeat attitude, even when things are grim, can knock me back into shape. I'm really looking forward to her visit. Not looking forward to a 2 hour wait at Melt but she'll be there to entertain me.

And to celebrating the hot dog. But that's a long story.

Maybe it isn't. Every year my family celebrates the hot dog. The end.

Friday we unpacked the very last box and set up the Man Cave. Everything has a place and everything is in it's place. We're done. We're home. Now we just have to figure out the situation with the dogs and their unstoppable desire to destroy anything and everything in their paths while being 100% obnoxious. But I can't talk about that. It's upsetting and stessful. I can talk about how I need to spend more time in my art room (the "Creation Cave" as Todd calls it). It's too bad ass for words.

Went to Kalahari this weekend for some "adults only" fun. And it WAS fun but it was also exhausting. Regardless of my chronic fatigue, we had a blast with our pals. But after MANY frozen cocktails, lots of good food, and plenty of laughs...all while in my bikini...I was ready for home. I'm a homebody now and that's OK.

So that's life. Wrapped up all nice and neat.

No comments: