Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Breathe deep. We need a donor for blood.

Where have I been, you might ask yourself? I've been in a special kind of coma where you're wide awake yet you can't eat, drink, sleep, watch television, listen to music, or anything. You just toss, turn, and stare into space but you're not even bored. You're just alternating between freezing and sweating and basically all you're doing to existing because you're too sick to do anything else. Sometimes, also, there's cookie tossing and that is never fun. And you FINALLY drags your skinny, nasty, weak-ass bag of bones to the Emergency Room and they try to admit you because it's PNEUMONIA...again. When I get sick, I get sick. There's no messin' around.

They took blood and urine (and didn't even give it back...jerks), they gave me liters upon liters of saline solution mixed with anti-biotics (and my body thanks them soooooo much), I had aeresol treaments as my oxygen levels were only at 92%, I had an EKG cause the treatments made my heart go boom too fast, I had several X-Rays and I also had an embarrasing gown that didn't really close in the back. While there, Aunt Flo came to visit which was inopportune to say the very least. Then the bastards tried to admit me! I didn't want to stay overnight for some underlying reason. There were lots and lots of tears which I think actually made me pass out for a little while. Eventually, I left the hospital "against medical advice" and went to Dr. Bill's instead. I ate soup there and actually fell asleep. It's a comfortable place to be...like a womb.

Then there was the New Year's Eve disaster. Oh ugh.

I'm hanging up my party planning crown. There was just far too much drama at this one. Hot damn. Fighting, yelling, throwing up, busted pipes (yes, pipes busted and water was shut off AFTER it was pouring from the ceiling...and then later the bathroom flooded...ugh), utter wierdness, and the absence of some key party people. I was glad to see the people that came but missed the people who didn't. Painfully.

It just boils down to the fact that it's too much work to entertain and costs too much and it's really a gamble on whether or not it will be fun. I know some people had tons of fun and I'm happy for them. I wasn't one of them but that could be because of the pneumonia, too. I'm just going to become a party regular from now on. Let someone else clean before, clean after, spend money, make the plans. I'm tired of it. For my birthday this year, I'm going to go out for dinner and hit a fun bar with people I love...not a house full of strangers. There's less clean-up this way.

I had a really nice midnight moment though. I'm loved and know that I have someone to take care of me, someone who calls me "my sick girl" and rubs of back when I'm having those especially rancid sick moments. Someone who was happy to be with me at midnight and was sorry for not being with me last year. That made everything temporarily all good.

And then I saw poor stroked-out Dick Clark. Ugh.

HAPPY 2007!!! Once the pipes repair (in my kitchen and in my chest), I have some high hopes.

No comments: