Monday, April 10, 2006

Will you sober up and let me down?

I had a laughing fit a little while ago and my sides are still aching. I wish I could tell you what I was busting a gut over but it probably wouldn't seem funny in print. In fact, it probably wasn't funny in reality but for whatever reason, I cracked up. It was pretty awesome. I like awesome things. I like when Johnny said "Stuck in Awesome Town. Send help".

I'm so obsessed with Nick Curran right now. Hardcore.

You know what I like to do on Sundays? Watch NASCAR and get drunk with my guy, my boss, and random co-workers. I like it even more if there are snow peas and rosemary & olive oil Triscuits involved. Sundays are good stuff, they usually end in sleep overs, and they tend to lead to very long Mondays. I think I need to bring a toothbrush to work for such occasions along with some good ol' American toothpaste. Leo's toothpaste is fishy. Anything besides straight up mint is un-American.

I have 2 dates this week. One on Wednesday to send off a favorite co-worker of mine who is moving on to bigger and better things and rigs. I plan to make him a mix of songs involving trucks, big rigs, running the road, CBs...you get the gist. Have any suggestions? I'm also giving him a picture of me to put in his truck. I'm cool like that. So there will be a work sponsered cocktail hour and hopefully a sleepover. I could really get used to this toasty warm bed/spooning/big-bellied-man-as-a-pillow thing. I'm even starting to enjoy the snoring. It's like a really big purrrrrrrr.

My second date is on Saturday (I love knowing my weekend plans by Monday...it makes me hot). I was going to head over to the Jigsaw to see The Shrill and pals but once I found out my boss' son had never been to the drive-in, plans changed. Leo and I are going to take his drive-in virginity. I just sort of creeped myself out by saying that. Once again, I hope the evening ends in a sleep over. And I hope the following day starts with bacon.

I'm really happy right now. I hope nothing screws this up.

This entry was brought to you by the letters X and S and the number 6.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Life Is A Highway is an awesome trucker song.

Anonymous said...

Ummmm TRUCKIN
by the most awesomest of bands the Grateful Dead and I bet you can guess who sent you this post...Smooches 8 days and counting...