Sunday, April 16, 2006

Broken bodies in a death rock dance hall.

What a miserable weekend. I'm living my life in sin and misery, as Eric Burden would say. I'm so jacked-up on medication that I keep having to pause the typing so I can let my head roll back for a few seconds. I am an unhappy camper. I am a camper who does not like to poop in the woods.

Due to my medications, I couldn't poop if I wanted to. Nasty side effect.

After getting my medical news, I parked on the couch to stare blankly in a druggy haze at the boob tube. Switch came over to keep me company, get my juice, and let's be honest, to wash his laundry and watch ultimate fighting. But it was nice to have someone there when I would open my eyes every fifteen minutes or so. It was comforting. And once again, being hurt always makes me want an official boyfriend to nurse me. Regardless...

This carried on to Friday where I did not leave my couch, not ONCE. I didn't even get up to go to the bathroom (which Switchblade noticed and pointed out to me, making me feel weirdly fixated on my bladder). He brought food, we watched movies, we crashed. We were like an old married couple who can sit peacefully side-by-side, just watching television, not saying a word, farting or babbling every now and again.

Saturday I felt semi-adventurous and went to Best Buy spending WAY more money than I wanted to on 2 "Degrassi: the Next Generation" box sets, Futurama Vol.3, and "Chicken Little". After returning from the sto' (and noting that I should NOT have been driving as my head was going loopy loopy loopy loo and my feet were doing there own special kind of walking), I put back on what will now be refered to as "my boyfriend uniform"...Ray's old pajama shorts and Leo's shredded hoodie. Then it was back in and out of consciousness. Wait...I did have lunch with Carol High-Hair somewhere in there. It was BEFORE I took drugs that day so I probably blocked it out because I was consumed with mind-numbing pain. I don't want to associate Carol with pain...unless it's Aqua Net in the eye. Regardless, I napped and managed to take a shower because I smelled like a sweaty boy's foot.

Leo took me to the drive-in that night...I think it was our second official date and it included M&M's and cheese fries! It was freezing, our speakers didn't work, and the movie wasn't that funny but half way through, he asked me to scoot my chair closer to him. We snuggled. He walked me to my door and I got a good night kiss and hug. A good hug. An "I'll miss you and had fun" hug. Swoony.

My being 100% in love is best translated into being 75% gay/5th grade-esque, 15% hot-in-the-pants, and 10% rebellious against my past.

I was feeling pretty reved up after my date so I headed over to the Jigsaw where I immediately wished my hands were actually giant boxing gloves because I wanted to punch so many people in the face. I didn't even stay more than an hour. I should have just stayed home and set $5 on fire. Leaving abruptly and crawling back into bed was the best decision I made all day.

And today is Easter. I spent it watching "Degrassi" and popping pills.

I am in so much pain that I would stand 50 feet away from me at all times. Just consider this me looking out for you. Today I was almost delirious with pain and discomfort. Phoebe gave me the OK to stay home from work again tomorrow but I don't want to be the office discussion...and it's really not fair. I do my job, I do it well, I try to be friendly and courteous, but I break a bone in my back and I'd bet you a whole pie that they'd be pissed and talk smack if I didn't come in. And I'll get made fun of a lot...picked on, teased, called a wuss...even if I AM there. I really can't take that. Being in pain just makes me surly and violent.

Just ask the surgeon who took my appendix out. He's my bitch now.

No comments: