Friday, April 14, 2006

I'm shattered, yeah. I'm cracked up, yeah.

If you've been hanging around my My Space blog, this one will actually have more words and more thoughts. I'm going to sneak them in ever so slightly so you'll have to compare and contrast to find out just what exactly I added. It will be a fun game for you. Get that brain out of the gutter for a minute or two. Why am I babbling, you might ask? Because it keeps me from crying which is what I've been doing on and off since yesterday afternoon.

WHY have I been crying, you might ask? You ask a lot of questions!

BECASUE...I have a compression fracture in my back after falling down the stairs yesterday morning. I FELL down the stairs. I was NOT pushed down the stairs contrary to the belief of the good people at Kaiser. It was one of those things where I skidded on my heel down a few steps and couldn't get it together and WOOSH! My legs went right out from under me like in a Sandra Bullock prat-fall. I'm now taking approximately 12-20 pills a day (muscle relaxer, anti-inflammatory, pain killer...I have more pain killers than a pharmacy). I can look forward to a 6-8 week recovery time...it's like broken ribs, nothing you can do about it but wait to heal...but was warned that the first week will be the worst. Awesome. I bet I'll be chipper as a chicken on Easter. Fudge.

I'm not at work today which ROTS for the following reasons:

1. Phoebe is left in the lurch and she's been so cool and sweet about this. She's been helpful and concerned and I know what it's like to be alone in that place. She's in for a long day and will probably be cursing my name by 5:00p.

2. I don't get to see my guy and he seemed sort of ticked about my absence. Don't get me wrong, he WAS concerned about my pain but his head is always at work so he was probably MORE concerned about how the day was going to go. I was grouchy with him on the phone yesterday because I needed comfort and was getting the shaft. He never called me again to check on me. All I wanted was a virtual hug. Boo.

3. I lose a day of pay. I need all the money I can get for property taxes and Shark Attack! Records. Time off is unwelcome. Especially when you can't do anything but lay there and watch "Degrassi: the Next Generation".

4. I'm sure people are ticked off. If you're the one not at work, you're the one that's talked about. Simple as that. I bet I would have been expected to work. "You can't do anything about it. can't you just come in and sit in your chair?". No. No I can't. Screw off.

I didn't PLAN to fall down the stairs. I didn't ASK to be CLUMSY! MOTHER-TRUCKER! I can't go see the Shrill's last show tonight and everything is just EFFED! I really can't stop crying. I'm uncomfortable, I'm stoned, I'm lonely, and I'm just mad at myself for having two left feet, no hand-eye coordination, no equillibrium, and a very tny brain. A big thanks to Phoebe, again, for being a sweetheart and backing me up (backing...wah wah), sending sweet text messages, and being a great pal. And thanks to Johnny for keeping me compnay last night as I was in and out of consciousness. You guys rule. I'm going to need help from friends for the next few weeks so please don't think I'm a pest. I wouldn't ask if it wasn't needed.

Back to my couch...the place where I shall surely die one day.

I'm lonely and in pain. Cheer me up.

No comments: