Saturday, April 22, 2006

Spendin' my money, callin' everybody 'honey'.

FIRED UP!

That was my attitude yesterday at work. I was surly and nasty and just down right miserable to be around. And I have no idea why. I woke up in the morning next to the man I love after an evening of just good, ol' fashioned hanging out. When he left for work, I slept on pillows that smelled like him and got all dreamy, Tiger Beat style. But by the time I got to work, I was little Miss Crabby Pants, fo' sho'. By day's end, there were three things that helped adjust my mood back to it's regular balance of chipper insanity and sarcastic angst:

1. I pathetically held my arms out at work, asking my fella for a hug. He's not a hugger so I knew if he did this, it would mean something to me. And he didn't even think twice. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders (I was at tummy level, resting my head)and rubbed my back, saying something along the lines of, "You just wanted to rest on your marshmallow". He sure is my huggable marshmallow. For 15 seconds, my life was peaceful.

2. Cocktails! Cocktails with my work gal pal always help. I thought we might hit the joint for one but after 4 beers, a Cherry Bomb, and plenty of snacks and boy talk, I was fairly at ease. I was reminded that things are good...I'm getting to spend plenty of time with my fella, there's a weekend trip planned for June including the two of us as well as work friends, he's showed interest in meeting my family and is comfortable enough to come over and hold my hand around my girlfriends. Not to mention that work is good, I have the coolest friends on the planet, and I'm pretty lucky to have some a rad family so close by. So things are good...and frosty cold beers and super mega good.

3. I got my phone back! It crashed like a computer and Verizon had to give me a brand spankin' new one! How 'bout them apples?? Sure, I lost all my numbers and ringtones but at least I have my life line back. I was retarded without it. I felt like a child lost in a department store, wanting my mommy. It was rough! But my homeostasis has been restored. I am whole again.

And totally in love. I shouldn't be a crab. Crabbiness OVER!

No comments: