Sunday, January 01, 2006

Look what you've done to this rock-n-roll clown.

I survived New Year's Eve without a single visit from the authorities. Life is good! I rocked out to bands in my own basement with all my pals, tried sushi, and secured a midnight kiss to guarantee a successful 2006. There were no fights, no arrests, and only one incident of cookie tossing (on my deck, sadly...and the tosser in question had been eating ham). It was drama-free, just the way I like it. And the best thing I've done thus far in the new year? That's right. I ate a piece of pie with some Sharks. I wanted to eat an entire pie but I figure I have the whole year to do that.

MY 2005 "BEST" LIST:

Since this is MY list and I can do whatever I want and you can't stop me...I sort of forgot where I was going with this. My song of the year didn't come from this year but you can stuff it for all I care. It's a good song and I only HEARD it for the first time this year. Why did I get all cranky? This is going to be short and sweet so we can all take New Year's naps.

BEST SONG: "Curtain Calls" by Old 97s
BEST SHOW: Slack-Jawed Yokels, Sasquatch and the Sick-a-Billies, Lords of the Highway, and The Pussyfoot Girls at the Beachalnd Tavern.
BEST ALBUM: "Burning Miles of Sin" by Sasquatch and the Sick-a-Billies.
BAND OF THE YEAR: Lords of the Highway. Fo' real.
BEST SURPRISE: Jimmy from Psycho Charger dedicating "Devil Snake" to me in front of everyone in attendance at Heavy Rebel.

Resolution? I've got a few...and my hopes are high.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Y'ALL!

No comments: