Saturday, January 21, 2006

Her head exploded like an atom bomb!

Last year, I made a vow to see over 100 different bands and by golly, I finally became a woman of my word! I kept track of what bands I saw (I am positive that I left some off...if you saw some shows with me, feel free to remind me. I have one brain cell left and it's asleep) and how many time so I can share with the world what a rock-n-roller I was. And then I lost the list which is a fine definition of the person I really am. But THEN when digging through the backseat of my car which closely resembles a landfill full of rotten zombie corpses, I found the list. It pains me to think of how much money I spent on music in 2005. How DO I afford my rock-n-roll lifestyle?

BANDS I SAW IN 2005

Wailin' Elroys (x2)
Gin Palace Jesters
Peelander-Z (x2)
Lives of the Saints
Dropdead Sons
Salt Miners
Lords of the Highway (x18)
Koffin Kats (x6)
Marauders
Vista Cruisers (x3)
Kiddo
The Bravado
Lost Sounds (x2)
Uncle Scratch's Gospel Revival (x3)
Hank III (x2)
Hazzard County Girls
Radio Beats
Blow Tops
Trailer Park Tornadoes
Capgun Cowboys (x3)
7 Shot Screamers (x2)
Turbo ACs
Motorhead
Interfuse
Vitamin
This Moment In Black History (x3)
Coffinberry (x2)
Pete Yorko and the One Man Music Band
Bob's Country Bunker
Pistol Whippers (x2)
Gore Gore Girls
Mistletoe
Amps II Eleven (x2)
Cobra Verde
House Guest
Throw Rag
JB Beverly (x2)
Deke Dickerson and the Ecco-Fonics (x2)
Legendary Shack Shakers
Legendary Hucklebucks
Sasquatch and the Sick-a-Billies (x4)
Cash O'Reily (x3)
Red Shift
Honkeytonk Damnation
The Hunches
Nekromantix
The Hentchmen
Zippo Raid
Bo-Stevens
Straight 8s
Deviltones
Blatant Finger
Bloodshot Bill
Rock-Ola
Thee Merry Widows
Super F'n Judo Chop
Red Hot Poker Dots (x2)
Devil Spades
Psychocharger
Speed Crazy
Brimstones
Defilers
Gravy Boat
Jerry King and the Rivertown Ramblers
Blind Pharaohs
Kenneth Brian
Kings of Nuthin'
Cool-Aide
Buck Stevens and the Buckshots
Corn Mo
They Might Be Giants (x2)
Whiskey Daredevils (x2)
Paulie Rocco
Gluttons
Self Destruct Button
The Spits
The Feelers (x2)
The Come Along and Eat It
Kill the Hippies (x2)
The Krunchies (x2)
Peter Torque
Casket Gasket
CD Truth
40 Thieves (x2)
Wayne Hancock
Reigning Sound
Al Foul (x2)
Cult of the Psychic Fetus
Rot Shit
McShits
Fashion Fashion
River City Tanlines
King Louie
The Jeffs
Catholic Boys
Functional Blackouts
Throw Down
Cunt Puppet
Slack-Jawed Yokels (x4)
Twistin' Tarantulas
Rambler 454
Hayshaker Jones
Cigar Store Indians

This year is starting slowly but it started right with Lords of the Highway rockin' out in MY basement! And tonight? Why, it's Carol High Hair's 40th Birthday party with The Pussyfoot Girls and Legendary Hucklebucks! I got my hair done this morning, my hot pants are mended, my boots are ready! I even have a teeny tiny flask to keep in my clevage! My hairdresser told me I was so lucky to have so many cool events to run off to. She doesn't even know the half of it!

And stay tuned for updates in my "cheese sandwhich" saga. A lot has happened...A LOT...and I can only imagine what is waiting for me this year as far as that goes. I thought I'd never "cheese sandwhich" again let alone "cheese sandwhich" this guy. I think maybe I've been putting guys in this pigeon hole...only like a certain type. Thinking I had to have someone more like me. I finally take a chance and open up to the possibility of something different, someone I have NOTHING in common with...and I've never been happier.

VIVA 2006!

No comments: