Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Just let me prove it to you.

Back to work after a long weekend of drinking, drinking, drinking, rocking, eating, eating dirt, and yes, more drinking (I think I'm going to treat myself to Blue Moons more often). My body is dog-tired. My mind is dog-tired. And I don't want to sound cliche and dog-less but I think I need a vacation from my vacation! I just learned that I slipped on beer in the basement and totally ate dirt at the New YEar's Eve shin-dig but hopped right back up and kept on keepin' on. That should be my motto for 2006: keep on truckin'! But the alleged spill, may explain why my arms and legs appear to STILL weigh ten tons eventhough I've rehydrated and screwed my hear back on to my neck.

But my day didn't start out so peachy keen, to be honest and I'd really like to have more peachy keen days than rotten and fly-infested days this year. So I sucked it up eventhough it was difficult...like sucking jello through a straw...and decided to try and let things roll off my back. I expressed my slight anger and irritaion to the fella who helped make my day less than peachy keen (big jerk that he is) but also assured him that things are cool, just like Fonzie. I know people don't change over night. Or I should say "situations" because he's cool just as he is, fucked up head and all. Sure, I can't be totally "breezy" and pretend nothing bothers me because I'm not built that way (but who is?) and it usually backfires horrifically: a dude will THINK that's how you REALLY are and then when something bothers you and you REALLY react as you would, you're not who they thought you were. But I can pick my battles more carefully. a game of "he said/he said" was not worth my time. I would much rather smooch behind closed doors and get on with my day.

So THAT is what I did and I feel pretty good about it!

No comments: