Friday, January 06, 2006

Stepped out the tub and put my feet on the floor.

I just took a shower for the first time in days. I was so stanky.

I'm feeling very dizzy and lifeless. I had to use my inhaler for the first time in forever from walking up and down the stairs. Laying on the couch for the past two days has made what little muscles I have useless. I'm crabby, to say the least. And I have a mad case of cabin fever. It set in last night. I couldn't sleep and tossing and turning is not good for my crippled back. Couldn't turn my mind off and my mind was focused on the pain. I'm an unhappy camper.

Thanks to everyone who has refilled my juice glass, brought me plates and napkins, helped me pick things up, adjested my pillow, sent "get well" messages, made comforting phone calls, and so on. I appreciate all the sympathy, for sure. I'm not begging for it but damn, I need it. I feel helpless and I hate feeling that way. I was almost surly last night watching the Pysstfoot Girls practice and not being a part of it. I was probably snippy. I apologize.

Tonight I am going to the farewell dinner for Lisa, but only for a short while. The thought of sitting in a restaurant chair when I'm not supposed to be sitting at all seems like agony. But letting her leave town without saying good-bye would be ever more agonizing. I feel like I should write her an emotional and personal farewell letter but to be honest, I'd probably just be focusing on my back pain. So I'll save that for another day when all my attention will go to her.

I can't believe she no longer has a Cleveland adress. Sigh...

No comments: