Wednesday, November 23, 2005

You know we couldn't live without you!

If you're not listening to "No Sugar Mama" by Von Bondies, you should be. I'm making it a future Pussyfoot Girls song. It's sexy. This is off the subject though.

CAN you teach an old dog new tricks?

I'll be honest. I freaked yesterday. You shouldn't ask questions you don't want to know the answers to unless you're REALLY prepared for the truth (I should at least be happy that I got that, right?).

Yesterday, I was not prepared...especially when things were walking a very fine line. The person I was walking away from did NOT want me to walk away...which made it that much harder. I tried to take the high road and do what was the RIGHT thing to do. The noble and moral and right thing to do, no matter how much it was destroying me...I ended up heartbroken and bawling. This is cryptic, I know. Consider this my version of Hieroglyphics.

Let's just say that I had a rather lengthy cocktail hour after work. And let's also say that I have a rather nasty gash on my forehead.

But we don't have to say that the two are related.

But when I started my day this morning, I abandoned that lame ass high road. If I didn't know how I felt before today, well..I know now without the tiniest doubt. I'm hooked. It's like heroin, but probably worse for me. But I compare yesterday and how I barely felt alive with today and how I blissfully happy I was...and he was, telling me he'd never let me go...and I'm choosing to hold on to hope that my day will come.

After all, we're like psychotic magnets.

On a less mushy note, it looks like I won't be going to Niagara Falls for Thanksgiving. I was planning to run away but it looks like the weather had other plans for me (unlike SOME PEOPLE, I don't get to be in sunny Florida...you're missed already, by the way...Dr. Nightmare's been crying outside your door, annoying bitch). I guess it won't be me, a blueberry pie, and a hotel on Fun Street.

The stupid weather also ruined my plans to go to the Jigsaw to see Lords of the Highway tonight. The way I was holding my breath (I'm BAD in the snow...like, terrified) for the few turns I did take in my 'hood, I would have passed out before even getting close to Parma. I don't want to die with only seventy-some days until my birthday.

My dad took me out for really good steak. Between that and everything being "back on", I feel round and happy. Really happy.

No comments: