Sunday, November 13, 2005

I've got something new for you.

My jugs are sore. I find this both annoying and painful.

So I decided to roll up my jeans, throw on my new grey t-shirt and go with Switchblade to the final day of Horrible Fest. I didn't want to spend my day being a wet mop and regretting my absence later. I'm sick of regrets.

The matinee show was a total bust and I was pretty much miserable. Kids throwing chairs and beer everywhere, screaming "MOTHERFUCKER" like it was going out of style, sporting sunglasses indoors (according to Switch only blind people and assholes do that), irritating me left and right. While Kill the Hippies were good, River City Tanlines only played 5 songs! And one of them was NOT "Gimme Whatever". Hmph! I was glad to blow that pop stand.

Headed over to the Beachland which was a fairly entertaining time and here are my one-line band reviews that no one will care about or agree with but me: The Jeffs were a sturdy opener. The Krunchies ROCKED per usual (I just adore that gal). Functional Blackouts, while not at all frightening, were probably my favorite act of the evening. King Louie was a welcome surprize. Cunt Puppet was damn funny, in my opinion. Upstab pretty much scarred me for life and that singer needs a tranquilizer. The Feelers were great but caught me late in the evening, close to sleepy time. And Catholic Boys were fan-fucking-tastic but it was no Horizontal Action Blackout of 2004.

It was good to hang with my crew, especially T-n-C Dynomite who I really wasn't expecting (sure, they told me they were coming...I guess it was THAT I wasn't expecting) but it wasn't as mind-blowing as I had imagined. I'm not too fond of the kids in that "scene". I hate scene debates so I'll just leave it at that...they're not the friendliest bunch.

And that is pretty much all I have to say about Horrible Fest.

Except that I tossed my cookies the second I walked in the door. I knew I was going to on the way home...I was pre-warning Switch who really didn't want me to throw up (why would anyone WANT someone else to throw up??). I wasn't drunk or buzzed or anything. It was just the second night in the row that I felt sort of seasick. I came in and sat on the bathroom floor, filling Phoebe in on the evening until I had to interject and say, "It's time for me to throw up now". I'm two and a half pounds lighter than I was Friday morning. No joke.

Today, Phoebe and I ran errands and everytime I got back into the car, I felt my stomach churning. I don't know what the deal is. She says it's morning sickness. I say. "EAT IT!". I'm guessing it's some left over reminents from my flu bug.

We almost came home with a dog. An Italian Greyhound...they can wear hats! I would have named her Santo because she looked like she had a mask on. Thank GOD she was $899. I really don't need a dog. I don't NEED a dog but that really means nothing.

I NEED a shower before the folks come over. Now THAT means something. I have "Close Yer Tab" written on my hand.

No comments: