Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I'm not the man they think I am at home.

Do I want to make resolutions this year? It's pretty common for people to flake out on the resolutions before the first day of the year is even kaput. It might be a waste of my time to even make a boring list full of the same ol', same ol'.

I could say I'm going to eat better (but I have zero appetite which can't be good for the monster inside me), that I'm going to workout (but Tessa and I already have plans to join the rec in February to help her drop those last few lbs. and keep me fit during my preggoness), that I'm going to paint more (I was so flipping motivated and have a list a mile long and then SPLAT....nothing), that I'm going to get more money into savings (which actually WILL happen)...

...BUT THAT'S ALL BORING!

And to be honest, I don't know what I want to come out of 2011! I just know that I want 2010 to be over. Don't get me wrong, some great things happened: Olivia was born, Jimbo and Jess got hitched, EVERYONE under the sun that I love got engaged, we bought Castle Grayskull, Vincent (and our unborn) done got conceived.

But HORRIBLE things happened, too: friends lost loved ones (R.I.P. grandma), Brother Ed was diagnosed with cancer, other pals/family had medical issues, relationships ended, etc. There was good, for sure, but did the good outweigh the bad? I'm not sure.

Per usual, I'll try to make sure to make the best out of the year, no matter how backwards it might turn out. But as for specific resolutions...eh...I don't know. What I DO know is that for YEARS now, Carol High Hair and I have been waiting for years to end so the next one can get better. I could really use a year that is so great, I don't want it to end, ya know?

I bet you're with me.

2 comments:

Camevil said...

2010 was pretty, well, sucky despite the bright spots.

2011 WILL be better!

Anonymous said...

exactly how i feel about it