Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I'm beyond repair so give me back my broken parts.

RANT!

Let me kick this off by saying that I do NOT like the song "Be OK" by Ingrid Michaelson. I had heard it in some annoying commercial before but today was the first time I had ever heard it on the radio. I loved her jam "The Way I Am", also in a commercial, so I gave this one a shot.

Now I'll admit, it's upbeat, peppy, and can certainly make you dance in your seat or at least bob your head. It's catchy. It's sun-shiny and bright. AND IT'S SIMULTANEOUSLY TOTALLY DEPRESSING! The story behind the song is just plain sad...a women who just wants to be OK, just wants to feel something, and is made up of nothing but broken hearts. It's basically a "Will I or won't I kill myself today because there is absolutely nothing left in my life but misery?" tale. AND IT'S SO DAMN PEPPY.

It was confusing to me. Therefore, I must never hear it again.

Moving on...

I could listen to "Animal" by Neon Trees all day long. It's my new jam.

Moving on...again...

Christmas is right around the corner. My shopping is done and my wrapping is following closely behind. We've settled on steaks for our X-Mas day meal because hey, nothing says Christmas quite like grilling. Maybe we'll start a new tradition and go see a movie like Tom and Carol always do. Regardless, whatever we do, I think it'll be great...so long as I hear New Bomb Turks' version of "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)", "Christmas Is Coming" as performed by Miss Piggy and watch "Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas".

I have high hopes, despite feeling like the flu is coming on.

No comments: