Wednesday, June 28, 2006

No one can stop us. Nothing is in the way

The knife dance is done and hot! Hot like a lobster that's been boiling in a pot and screaming it's little, red, beaked head off in that horrific screeching manner. And not only did neither of the O'Shannahan sister lose an eye or a digit or any skin at all, we didn't even DROP the knives! NOT ONCE! I did slice part of my table open but that was better than making Jen bleed, you know? And wood doesn't whine so much when you impale it.

Tomorrow night, I am going to bare witness to two more points on the 5-pointed Star of Easy Listening: Huey Lewis & the News and Chicago! How excited am I??? Why, I am more excited than a starving woman who's being served a lobster that's been boiling in a pot and screaming it's little, red, beaked head off in that horrific screeching manner. And that lobster is covered in butter and served with an icy cold frosty beverage. And bread! Because who doesn't like bread with their dinner? Communists, that's who. Regardless...

Tessa is my date for the evening and I'm pretty jazzed about that. We're both geeky easy listening fans and I can pretty much guarantee we'll be the hottest chicks on the farm. There's no one I'd rather share this evening with because she will sing and she will get excited and she will be excited FOR ME when I get excited and she probably won't even get embarrassed if I wet my pants or cry. She's cool like that. It was worth the money to celebrate her birthday this way and it will go down in history as one of the moments where I was blissful. I feel like I should bring some dried mangos. I'll get right on that!

Ideal HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWS set list:
Heart of Rock-n-Roll
If This Is It
Power of Love
Stuck With You
Workin' For a Livin'
Heart and Soul
Doin' It All For My Baby
I Want a New Drug

Ideal CHICAGO set list:
Inspiration
Hard To Say I'm Sorry
Stay the Night
Along Comes a Woman
Look Away
Will You Still Love Me?
Hard Habit To Break
Love Me Tomorrow
If You Leave Me Now
What Kind of Man I Be?

P.S. Little Jenny Penny will be the occupant of the blue cowboy room at the Ol' Kentucky Shark Corral. She's not paying as much as Phoebe did but I know I can live with her, I'll take what money I can get, she'll CLEAN, she'll be good to the cats, she'll take care of me when I'm sick, and her boyfriend rocks. So for the time being, things are gravy. Belt is still going to be tight but there's gravy involved now.

No comments: