Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Then you'll miss me, won't you?

There's nothing better than having your vacation start with a life-altering event. Yes, ladies and germs, I saw both Huey Lewis and the News AND Chicago, live and in my face. I just want to run my hands through Huey's luscious hair. I have no need to know if the rumors about him are true. I just need to know what it feels like to hold on to that hair! He played all the hits outside of "Stuck With You" and "If This Is It". I was overly satisfied to the point of being gassy. And while Chicago is a little too 10-minute brass solo/interlude dependant, they played "If You Leave Me Now" and that's all that matters. I bought a $30 t-shirt instead of 5 beers. I was drunk with joy just being there. And Tessa was a wonderful date, even if she didn't put out.

And then it was off to Heavy Rebel at 5am.

What can I say about Heavy Rebel that you don't already know, considering I travelled with a majority of you thugs? We had 5+ hotel rooms worth of hooligan pals running amuck in the warmth of Winston-Salem. We ruled the school. While it tended to be a more low-key Heavy Rebel, I think I had the best time. I saw bands I love, rocked the HELL out, drank beer, ordered room service, slept in, maxed-n-relaxed with all the Ol' Kentucky Sharks, recieved much welcomed and heart-pumping phone calls from the home front, danced, bought stickers for my future new mobile, saw pals from around the states...and I even farted on a girl in someone else's honor. Juvenile YET hilarious. Vacation produces a lot of excess gas. I didn't swim. I didn't see Red Hot Poker Dots. I didn't order dessert. I didn't get a lap dance from Lisa. But regardless, life was good at Heavy Rebel 2006. You should have seen how happy Deacon from the Brimstones and I were.

But life didn't calm down once I returned on Monday.

I had to interupt to say that my fella just walked into my cubicle with a vanilla Snack Pack in hand and said, "Want some pudding, Pudding?". While insanely gay, I thought it was terribly sweet. And yes, I did in fact want some pudding. I am enjoying it now as I type. YUM! He's my hero and he knows it.

So I get back in town and hauled ass to my home away from home after actually being AWAY from my home. Gave the cats a quick pet and was on my way to that big, cushy bed in Garfield where my marshmallow lives. We missed each other. It was good to get big hugs. He took me to dinner and we had beers around a backyard fire with friends. We were tipsy and goofy and smoochie. The best feeling was telling him that I would paint a giant 48 on his garage door and seeing how happy it made him. Making him happy really rocks my socks off...and then my socks got rocked off and I slept like a baby. A baby sleeping on a giant marshmallow!

The holiday was utterly berzerk! I didn't stop for even a second! I was like Speed Racer! Speed Racer on Meth, perhaps! Got up, got out of dodge (and I didn't want to get out...I was blissful), went to a family function, had PFG practice, went to a fella family function where I went Vodka nutty (Mandarine, Raspberry, and good, ol' regular), and went back to the bed. It was hard to get up yesterday. It's not good to drink your weight in alcohol when you have to go back to work after vacation. I felt ultimately pretty nasty and beat. I wrapped yesterday up with pizza, a chick flick, and some serious drafting. I feel like a million bucks.

But I need a vacation from my vacation.

If you're anyone important, you'll be at Leroy Thompson Choppers this Saturday, July 8th for the 3rd Annual Rockabilly Deluxe! Your $10 admission grants you the right to feast your eyes on 1988, Slack-Jawed Yokels, Legendary Hucklebucks, THE PUSSYFOOT GIRLS, Lords of the Highway, and Sasquatch and the Sick-a-Billys, in that order. Plus, bikes and beer. What more could you want? 8685 Twinbrook Rd. Mentor, OH 44060. Any questions? Don't bug me! Bug them! 440-266-1635.

No comments: