Friday, July 28, 2006

She's walking 'round wearing all of my clothes.

I'm almost positive I just called a customer and said, "This is Lacey wearing JC Penney's delivery service". I didn't even try to recover from that oops. I just rolled with it. I'll never see those people. They should just be happy that they got their time frame and their furniture is coming. That's what I say.

Bill told me that if I call him 'Jerome' in the heat of passion, I'll never see him again. I'm going to test this theory tonight after our hot date because that's just the most backwards reason I've ever heard to stop speaking to someone. But he's a little nutty in the skull. I think it's due to that crazy, moveable bump he has on the back of his head. If I touch it, he pretends to pass out. It entertains me for minutes on end.

As I've previously stated, I have a hot date tonight. Alright, maybe it's not hot but it's certainly cute. A cute date, if you will. We've rescheduled our dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe for tonight. He's paying so I'm eating! Sure, we have a half off coupon but that's not the point. We're going out somewhere different and I'm having a frosty and delicious cocktail to kick off my weekend. We're going to hit the Gap because we're devoted to Gap denim (let's hear it for the slim/skinny fit and their denim skirts) and then we're going to park somewhere down by the water and take it from there. And then of course, naked time (see above paragraph)!! No one is getting "icky" because we both have to work tomorrow and the day only gets longer form there.

The rumors are true...every year my family celebrates the hot dog and our annual Weiner Night takes place tomorrow. My dad boils my hot dogs because I'm a precious pooch. I wish my day stopped there because I always drag after Saturday shifts and I have no time to drag because I have no clean knickers! Laundry is a MUST! And then, of course because it's Saturday, I have a Pussyfoot show at the Beachland. It's a Capgun Cowboy's reunion show so I know I'll hear "My One Desire" and Bob's Country Bunker is playing and they're always alot of fun. So WHY am I NOT excited?! Why am I looking at this show like a burden?! Why do I have my grumpy-puss on?!

I think I'm just burnt out. We had 3 shows this month and it was a lot of work just to get people together to practice. Then there's set lists and music preparation and costumes and a photo shoot. I'm tired of the grunt work. Do I have my shoes? My clothes? My tights? How should I do my hair? How does this song go again? Shoot I forget this! I need another drink! I'm going to be late! And so on and so forth. I'm tired of a majority of our songs, I'm not sure I have enough creativity left to contribute anything to new songs, I want new merchandise, I want to get into new venues or at LEAST somewhere other than the SAME one we ALWAYS go to. GRRRRR!!!

People think this is just goofball fun (and it's some of the MOST fun I've had in my life) but it's a lot of work. A lot of planning, a lot of compromising, a lot of collaboration. Some things need to happen to spice up the set and I don't think that can happen until there's a teeny weenie break for my brain...and some of the other girls are in my sinking boat, I think. I don't want to officially become Sucky Sourpuss, you know? I'm just going to put my best paw forward and be happy when we're done with our set and I can kick back. I wish Becky would be tehre to ease my brain. I'd dance my pants off for her but alas, we're two ships passing in the night...or so Barry Manilow says.

I'll be seriously kicking back on Sunday at HIBACHI!!! We're going to celebrate my little Jenny Penny's birthday and nothing calms my nerves like friends, fun, and ginger.

No comments: