Tuesday, August 01, 2006

There's a cause for all my sorrow.

I couldn't have been happier than when our Pussyfoot set was over on Saturday. I was hot, I was tired, I was crabby, and I just wasn't feeling it. It was a sweet relief to walk out of the Beachland. I wanted out of my outfit and into the bed, STAT! I didn't sleep so well and ended up leaving Bill's with a crabby attitude in the morning but he helped contribute to that. I think we were both miserable that morning for one reason or another and God forbid we talk to each other about it. Blech.

My bad mood got an adjustment when we went out to a Hibachi restaurant for Jen's birthday (which was yesterday...Happy Birthday, my little thug). I ate and ate and ate and then we headed on over to Valley View to see "Click". Do not see this movie unless you plan on crying a little or you're very close to getting your period. Nothing good can come of it and it made the whole lot of us misty eyed. Boo. The whole flick reminded me a lot of Bill which reminded me of our crabby morning. Blech.

The laziness continued as we headed back to the Ol' Kentucky Shark Corral and watched multiple episodes of Cribs, which always makes me hate my life. But putting on pajama pants eased the pain. So did recieving my FIRST text message from Bill! It was one of those moments where I heard my phone beep but ignored it because who could it possible be? No one important. And it was! And I didn't realize it for 45 minutes! ARGH! Jen made us all dinner and we watched episodes of Undeclared and were basically bums.

People headed home and up to bed and I had a short but sweet phone call on my front porch from my drunk and confused fella. I wish I could help him figure things out but all I can do is love him and listen to him babble. Our bad morning had eventually turned into a sweet (sweet like cute not sweet like "HELL YEAH, DUDE") evening. As I watched cartoons through hazy, painkiller inflicted eyes, I was thrilled to read the words "Good night. I miss you" on my phone screen. Sleeping apart is rotten but message like that rule.

Now I'm at work and things are back to being crabby. I have a sore throat and an earache and an all-around bad disposition. I'm not even sure why I'm typing at all. Who wants to relive moody days? I guess we have to take the nasty with the rad so we apprecaite our good days more. I need a good day. I need more days that include the man I lvoe buying me Tony Stewart lunch boxes. Le sigh.

No comments: