Thursday, August 03, 2006

Who do you thank when you have such luck?

I think Sharky is catching "the sickness". After busting my ass working on the 48 (almost done...YEEHAW) last night, I was exhausted beyond belief. I even fell asleep during Futurama which highlights the extent to which my body was WRECKED. I didn't feel right when I woke up this morning...it was hard to meet Bill half way for a good-bye kiss) and it was extremely difficult to lift these old bones out of bed. Then the sore and swollen throat kicked in. As the day dragged on, and I mean DRAGGED despite what a busy bee I am, my gums began to hurt (toothaches always go hand in hand with my colds/flus), my muscles started to ache, and my head began to pound.

I really do NOT want to be sick, especially with the weekend upon up. I will karate chop someone in the throat (Bill just made an awesome "ninja karate chopping someone in the throat" sound over the phone) if I'm laid up on the couch, coughing and sneezing and crying. Tomorrow night, there's a triple-double-date at the drive-in. Sharon & Dave (Couple #1: Team Gearhead/4-on-the-Floor), Tom & Carol (Couple #2: Team Leather-Lace-Tequilla-Whiskey), Bill & I (Couple #3: Team Hanky Panky Hangovers) are goign to see TALLADEGA NIGHTS! We're been counting down the days and once I found out Jamie McMurray will be playing himself (and I will be wearing my Jamie McMurray SHIRT), I've had to change my panties far more often than usual! I like drive-in dates with my dude. I want beers and cheese fries and lawn chairs and hoodies. I do NOT want to be at home with the BLACK DEATH!

And Saturday afternoon, Switchblade and I are rolling on down to the state capital to eat, drink, and be shitty with our favorite drinking buddies, The Murphys! I miss Becky so much! I talked to her on the phone last night and was just so giddy when we hung up. I haven't seen her in...6 months (!!!)...which is the longest span of time we've experienced between visits. Hopefully we can have a nice dinner, go to a cool bar, talk our faces off, do shots, tell embarrassing stories from our drunken pasts. Ah, the Punk-Drunk Summer of...2001 or 2002? Was it REALLY that long ago? God, I could just puke in my lap...which is pretty much what I did that whole summer. Whatever we do, I'll have a great time. It will be exactly the mini get away I need to clear out my foggy head. Playing "asshole" and listening to Journey usually does that to a girl.

Bill called me "honey" today at work and I liked it. I believe the sentence was, "I don't feel good, Honey". It was adorable. It was also adorable when he woke me up last night to eat popcorn together. He does adorable things, no matter how hard he tries to hide them. I am now the proud owner of a Tony Stewart lunchbox thanks to him (he was actually listening when I said I collected lunchboxes). He's always feeding me and doing cute little things that are out of character for him. He takes good care of me 90% of the time. Everything's better for me if he's there. And THAT is why I am planning something extra super bad ass for his birthday! Sure, it's not until October but it's going to take planning and money and help for the big surprise to go off without a hitch. I'm excited. He thrills me. I want to thrill him.

No comments: