Thursday, July 20, 2006

All right, I promise, no more after this.

I hope I never get "the gout". No one is taking booze-n-salt away from me!

Ready for a really boring rant? Work is slow. Slow, slow, slow, slow. I feel like worms are eating my brains. Actually, that particular image is sort of making me feel squirmy in the tummy. I don't like worms, even for fishing. They are one of the few things that genuinely freak me out from head to toe. My ex-husband once offered to eat a worm while we were gardening together. Yes, we gardened together and grew 8,000 tomatos. Regardless, I hate worms so let's just say I feel more like a fuzzy blanket of mold is growing on my brain. I need a nap or something to do to occupy some of my time here. I am not very good at trying to look busy and everyone knows I'm NOT busy because work is sloooooow. Boo.

Poison was a rockin' good time last night. I got all kinds of hugged and kissed and held during "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" as well as during "I Won't Forget You". They played nothing but hits so I was nothing but jazzed. I even made a phone call to Texas during "Talk Dirty To Me". I can still see Lisa rolling around on her living room floor suggesting a leap-frog maneuver if we chose that jam to be a Pussyfoot song. It was really rad of Jen to share her tickets with me and William. It gave us something to do besides beer bongs and keg stands. Really...do we look like a frat boy and sorority girl to you? We're a hillbilly and common trash for cryin' out loud!

So the night was a success and hopefully that will carry over into the big weekend we have planned. I suspect tomorrow night will include beer. Maybe shopping. Maybe painting. Who knows? I could end up on my couch watching season one of American Dreams in my pajamas. And I wouldn't totally flip my lid if that's what I wound up doing. It's pay day so I can stock my fridge and I could use some rest before my big Saturday. Pussyfoot Girls are playing the Rock-n-Race at historic Dragway 42 in West Salem, as I've previously rambled about. I have to be up and groomed pretty early (after I hit a doctor's appointment...blech), pick up Bill, get to Carol's, load up, and hit the road in time to check out the vendors, swap meet, racing, and enjoy a few bevvies before strutin' my stuff. It's BYOB and we're camping out after so something tells me it's going to be a full night of a little bit of this and a little bit of that. I'm tired just thinking about it.

And of course, I have to finish the 48 that haunts my dreams on Sunday.

Sheeeeesh. Am I some kind of machine?

No comments: