Tuesday, July 18, 2006

And this last mile I travel with you .

Thanks to my foxy little sister's hot connections, I will so be seeing POISON tomorrow night! I haven't been to Blossom in forever but I'll make the trek with my free ticket and VIP bar area bracelet to relive my youth. I think I covered all the Poison Bad Boy bases. I started at CC (that frosty white hair, those pink lips), migrated to Rikki (I'm not sure why...he sort of looked like Matt Hockey, my school-girl crush), had a short layover with Bret (everyone did, Damn pretty boy), and now I'm all about Bobbi (best looking in his old age). Their big hair days have gone to the dogs but I'll be happy enough to stretch out on the lawn and have a cocktail with my bald buddy since Jen was kind enough to give 2 of her tickets to us...I wonder if this is a double date? Hubba hubba. I hope Bill holds my hand when they play "Every Rose Has It's Thorn". *insert cookie-tossing noise here*

Speaking of cookie-tossing, Jenny Penny came to work today for a hot, afternoon lunch date with my and Bill. We went to the white trash buffet and I ate as many mashed potatos as I possibly could. It was fun to spend time with my two favorite people without an alcohol in our systems. I regret not having the blueberry pie. Next time.

So I started my big summer art project yesterday: painting Jimmie Johnson's 48 on Bill's garage door. I'm not doing it because I like Jimmie Johnson. Hell no! I'm a Jamie McMurray girl at heart (thought I have been cheating on him with Tony Stewart as of late). I'm doing it because he's been so excited about it...like a little kid. After I spent forever taping it off just right, I let him paint the black outline. I was happier than I've been in a long time. Painting puts me in my element and watching him help and be excited about it...made my heart pump some good, goopy, warm blood. He made us some burgers and chops and we had a romantic little dinner for two in the yard. I had a nice, long shower and an even nicer, long sleep. Remember when I said that I needed to be invited back into the bed before I felt better about bad times? Well, staying in the bed ona regular basis also helps prevent bad times. It's a preventative medicine, if you will.

And now the rumor is that Bill may be attending my very important Pussyfoot Girls show at Historic Dragway 42 on Saturday! I promised him that would make me steadily happy for the next 6 weeks! And it will. You all should come out and make me steadily happy. It's the least you can do!

ROCK-n-RACE
featuring:
Ace Brown and His Hell Divers
The Pussyfoot Girls
Slack-Jawed Yokels
Lords of the Highway
Twistin' Tarantulas


Dragway 42 has a concession stand with great homemade food and beverages. There are no beer or alcohol sales at the track but you are welcome to bring your own cooler of beverages provided there are no glass bottles. There is zero tolerance for drinking and racing. If you are seen drinking beer or alcohol you will not be allowed to race! Period. Save the beer for when you are done racing.

Dragway 42 is offering free camping for the event. Bring your tent or camper and stay the night. You can race all day Sunday too. The Super 8 Motel in Seville Ohio is also offering a great room rate for the event.

We have lots planned; drag racing, car show, pinstripers, great vendors, live bands plus a couple of other surprises that are just gonna knock your socks off. Please come on out and have some fun. This is the one show you do not want to miss!

Show Times
8am-10am Swap & Vendor set up
10am Gates open
11am-3pm Racing test & tune/time trials
3pm Racing starts (2 classes slick tire & street tire)
The bands will start after the race about 6pm
Cruise-in all day!

Show Prices
ALL PRICES INCLUDE ADMISSION TO THE CAR SHOW, DRAG RACE, SWAP & VENDOR AREA PLUS THE CONCERT WITH 3 LIVE BANDS.
$10 General admission
$15 Street tire racing (includes general admission)
$30 Slick tire racing (includes general admission)
$10 Cruiser admission (dash plaques for the first 100 cars)

No comments: