Monday, September 15, 2008

Art is why I get up in the morning.

I used Ani DiFranco as my song quote? That leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth. Something closely resembling bile. Or murder. Yes, my mouth tastes like murder from using that quote. How did I ever like her and/or respect her a musician? I did think she was utterly adorable for a cool minute. Regardless. Ick. And the quote is just so...stated. I'm regretting my choice. However, I am not changing it since I blathered this entire paragraph. What a sham.

There was a PFG show Friday. That's all I got there.

I did buy the best shoes I've ever owned Friday.

Saturday was like a major vagina injection. I'm not sure what that means. What I mean to say is that I spent a lot of time with someone jam-packed with estrogen...Phee-Bizzle...and we did girly stuff...practiced making-out and read Teen Beat. OR...we actually went to The Melting Pot and had expensive cocktails before 1:00pm. Then we went to Crate & Barrel where I ALWAYS announce how clumsy I am since EVERYTHING is breakable, bought a silver skeleton hand at Z Gallerie, hit Shoparooni where I bought a stuffed moustache WITH IT'S OWN MOUSTACHE, and loaded up on Halloween goodness at Target. It was a fun, exhausting, and expensive day. My wallet weeps.

There was also college football ad the best snuggle of my life.

Sunday was productive. I hope all Sundays are as productive.

Guess what?

I AM PAINTING AGAIN! Phee-Bizzle is possibly helping me get an art show sometime next year at some gallery she knows. I've been blathering on about this on My Space and to Carol so I'm sort of all blathered out. Know that I am totally super-psyched about it...if it happens. She gave me the jolt I need to start painting again and painting is WHAT I LOVE! I needed something in my life that I could feel good about and I can feel good about this. I felt alive buying supplies for my first piece. I felt loved when Todd bought me an artist rubber duckie, insisting I keep it at my station, and called me Hot Rod Picasso. My goal is 25-30 AWESOME pieces. Nothing mediocre will be acceptable in my eyes. Having an art show and selling one painting is a dream of mine. I want to finish this whole thing feeling really proud of myself. I am determined to feel accomplished.

I can not WAIT to get my hands dirty.

No comments: