Tuesday, May 02, 2006

You just made my heart go throb.

Phoebe had to fire someone today as a means of expressing that we are the management and we deserve some respect! We do not sit at our cubicles and play Barbies while all the dudes run around lifting cars with their teeth and beating on their chests. We keep this big rig rollin' and we can't do that will any flat tires. Good job, Phoebe.

And that's just one snippet in a week's worth of drama at the Circle Shamrock. People around here talk smack. Whether it's to puff themselves up or because they're jealous, I don't know. All I know is that my little boy/girl thing almost got royally effed in the rear because people have to chitter chatter all the time and when they do, they tend to embelish or flat out lie. It's embarrassing. It causes me to cry and make heated phone calls to get the story straight. Somewhere in there, my head falls off, too. And even though I'm assured that everything's swell and this is what's what, it makes me nervous all weekend. I hate drama. I'd like to save it for your mama but I guess it can't be avoided sometimes.

All really is well since I recieved a post-road trip "just checking to make sure you got home OK" ringy dingy. And speaking of "you can Altoona guitar but you can't Altoona fish"...I was terrified that my personal tragedies would interfere with my Altoona, PA Pussyfootin' but the show went off without a hitch. I was afraid of the new metal listenin', Budweiser swillin', jocky crowd but they liked us...even their bleach blonde chickadees. But a word of advice...don't eat Applebee's before you have to wear tight clothes and shake what the devil gave you. It's harder to do than one would imagine as pre-shimmy Applebee's causes girls to get gassy. So hooray for Altoona...and for Hucklebuck Ted since he bought me a shirt when I was in desperate need to free myself from a corset...and a big yeehaw for the Hicks-n-Chicks show ripping Cleveland a new one this upcoming Saturday.

I skipped Mad Sin on Monday. You might say I'm not a rocker.

Sometimes something else comes up that is so enticing, you have to choose what would be more beneficial to you in the long run. I managed to find a way to juggle driving to the Beachland, enjoying 3 beers, rockin' out with my little sis to Lords of the Highway and heading to Garfield to watch Oblongs in a comfy bed with a comfy fella. I had the best of both worlds that night and I have zero regrets about missing Mad Sin. Having a good Monday is an important element in fashioning your week. Besides, I can see Mad Sin again unless Germany evaporates or something. And they're no Demented Are Go, if we're going to get technical.

And yesterday...hot dog! I have one religious diety or another smiling down on me these days. I had a very long, but semi-entertaining, work day and combining that with my night time activies (we just played Twister, I swear!), I was drained. I pictured barely making it to the couch before I passed out. Instead, I left work to hang with my sister, followed by picking up two pizza pies for my Tuesday dinner/fresh new Gilmore Girls with Johnny. Good call. Speaking of calls, out of the clear blue sky, I get a fella phone call...followed by another...followed by another...followed by another (though this one was slightly intoxicated...and I was on pain killers). I was missed.

Combined, they were fantastic chat sessions. I thing things may be fixin' to change...or at least we're getting closer. Something's going on cause I'm gonna meet me some offspring tomorrow night (yes, the bile is rising in my throat). I"m full of nerves but the rush will be good. And it's not something I can avoid. He told me if I was a wreck, I didn't have to come over. But he didn't have to invite me either. So I'm going. I need to conquer some of these fears. I won't be riding any huge roller coasters any time soon but I can meet some kids. They're just kids, right? :::shutter:::


He asked me what I want out of life in the long run.

That would be one Hell of a list.

No comments: