Saturday, May 06, 2006

I've got two nickles and you've got a dime.

Hicks-n-Chicks Night @ the Beachland Tavern!
Saturday, May 6th.
9pm. $6

Featuring:
The Legendary Hucklebucks
The Pussyfoot Girls
Slack-Jawed Yokels
Honkeytonk Damnation

I am doing a solo dance tonight. Do you think it's ready? If you placed your bets on "no", you'd be a winner. It's not even close to done. Not even a teeny weenie little ittiest bit. I think the closest I have come to making any progress is that I got my friends to empty out the wine bottles that I'm using for props, I practiced potential moves in a bar bathroom (yes, I was at a bar...two bars, actually...when I should have been practicing), and I watched the Carmen Electra Strip Tease Workout video to see what moves I could snatch. That's about it. I'm a fucking dud.

So of course, I'm totally stressing about getting my moves made up, memorized, and nailed down by tonight and somewhere in there, I have to fit in some sleep. I got about 3 hours on Thursday, 3 hours last night, and here I am, and have been since 6:00am, at work. Clearly, I am not working hard. I also have to get a skirt and get some kicks and I have absolutly ZERO time to be shopping. I am not a good shopper, especially under pressure. I don't know what I was thinking. I always put things off until the last flipping minute and I am kicking myself square in the rear this time. However, I DID make up "Dr. Velvet" in an hour and a half. PRAY that this genius smiles down on me today.

But come out to the Beachland anyway. Chaos will no dount ensue.

No comments: