Monday, May 08, 2006

I guess I'll be with you 'til the end.

I've been such a happy clam. Can this feeling last?

I've decided that the best thing ever is staying up until 6:00am, drinking Coors Light in my pajamas under a Spongebob Square Pants blanket in my fellas basement, listening to a really bad radio station, running my mouth off and/or listening intently, "drafting" each other, and not waking up alone. THAT is the best thing EVER.

Unless you compare it to coming back much later that evening and very quietly watching Sunday night cartoons while eating french fries and ice-cream cones, snuggled up on the couch. Cause that's pretty good stuff right there, too. Especially when you get kissed and hugged...a good, tight, lengthy hug...in the driveway where anyone driving by could see you.

"Seeing" someone is great. Meeting their kids and having them not despise you is pretty cool, too. Going to Detroit Motor Speedway for the race next month, driving up together, and sleeping in a tent in the infield is relatively boss. Asking your fella to go with you to an Ol' Kentucky Sharks function for the first time, having him say "yes", and knowing that he's probably as nervous as you is kinda neat.

Knowing I'm going to get a phone call pretty soon isn't hurting any.

No comments: