Sunday, May 14, 2006

We don't owe anyone a f*cking explaination.

If you saw how well I've been "going with the flow" these days, you'd give me a gold star to put on my progress chart. And to be honest, things have been been better. Not just with my fella but with my life. If I HAVE an ulcer, maybe it will go away now. Do they just go away on their own? Regardless. Went to Yorko-a-Go-Go with Leo and there was nothing to fret about. He was friendly and social and all my friend treated him well. He didn't stick out because he wasn't the only "stranger" there (I think strangers outnumbered Sharks) and after a few cocktails and some introductions, we moved out of the back corner and into the party.

And what really got me jazzed was that HE had fun! He told Phoebe, he told me. And he seemed to get along with Johnny like they had known each other forever which is VERY important to me! I was actually the one to say it was time to dip...he probably would have stayed all night if I wanted him to. He was affectionate and attentive and friendly and most importantly, 100% himself. He didn't try to impress anyone, he just tried to have fun...and we did. The fun continued on the way home as we talked, talked, talked, talked, talked, watched "Forrest Gump", and 'drafted' each other. I got to stay wrapped in the blankets while he went to work and I got to wake up to flapjacks in bed. It was good stuff. I could handle more good stuff.

The day just seemed to move foreward in that directions. I celebrated margarita month with Tom and Carol (raspberry for me) AND had a GREAT 16 minute conversation with Phoebe that started with her just calling to ask if I was still haveing a great day. And I was! And so was she! It felt a little odd to be so happy and it really shouldn't. She and I deserve to be happy clams all the time. The happier we are in our separate lives, the happier we have in our collective work and home life. It was good to hang with her out and about and not just see her in the cubicle or from the hallway. But I'm off the subject...the day sort of took a dive during a family function. I still feel like I'm not allowed to talk about my back or my boy to my mom. It's not fair. I shouldn't be censored but I am. Luckily, I have my big sis to fall back on. She'll listen and give feedback and even help out. Once again, there's good stuff.

Today is Mother's Day. My cats didn't get me anything and yet, I bought them 3 new litterboxes, a new more expensive litter, and cleaned their basement up for them. I'm unappreciated once again! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! Especially my surrogate mom, Becky. I love you.

I have been introduced to secondspin.com and pretty soon, someone will have to take my wallet away. Thanks a lot, Phoebe. You know JUST where to kick me to make it REALLY hurt. You'll feel pretty bad when I can't afford food but have the world's most developed DVD collection. I used to have a pretty bad-ass DVD library when I was married. Every horror movie under the flipping sun was at my fingertips (and, sadly, "The Garbage Pail Kids Movie"). But with the husband went the flicks (I think that actually hurts me more than being abandoned) so I have to rebuild my cinema society. I have recently ordered the following titles for a large fraction of the cost:

Sleepaway Camp [Widescreen]
Friday the 13th: From Crystal Lake to Manhattan
Waxwork/Waxwork II: Lost in Time
Deep Impact [Widescreen]
Mystery, Alaska
Outsiders [Widescreen]
Futurama, Vol. 4 [4 Discs]
Swing Kids
For the Boys

I see slumber party pajama jams in the future. Not in the Futurama.

No comments: