Monday, May 22, 2006

My life is good. I've got more than anyone should.

So I started working out on Saturday to get rid of my "secretary's ass". I joined a gym at the end of my street that is meathead-free! Screw you, Bally's! I had heard so many horror stories not only about the dudes that work out there and look at the place as a pussy buffet (pardon my French), but also about the chicks that work there and eyeball you if you're packing any pounds. Those are the women that are in stage 3, according to my gym, which is the "maintainance phase". They've shed their pounds, their hot, and they know it. I'm trying to lose weight and tone up which is never easy and can sometimes be slightly embarrassing. I don't need those vipers watching me sweat.

So I love my gym. It wasn't packed, no dudes, no super skinny intimidators, and I got a personal trainer with my package. She'll design a different workout program for me every month to mix things up. We started with cardio and upper body, tomorrow is cardio and lower body, and Thursday is cardio and abs. Then I'm on my own for the rest of my month but I have a handy dandy card listing sets, reps, machine numbers and the like. Pretty nifty. I do have to get weighed and measured every month which can be dreadful but it will also be nice to know some detailed progress...I've always known my pounds lost but never my inches. I want to lose 5-10 pounds by Heavy Rebel. That is my goal. I've got 40 days to make some magic happen! Then I'll let you warsh your clothes on my abs. Won't THAT be kinky and cost efficient?!?

So that's what's going on in my little life currently. I'm pretty excited about it all. Working out is a smart thing to do. Phillie Nelson will back me up there. Speaking of backs, exercise should help strengthen mine which is a mega plus. And it should also help me sleep better, have more energy, and just be in an all-around better mood. Who doesn't want that in their lives? And then I'll be one hot mama at Heavy Rebel! Not that that's what I'm striving for. I've got a guy and he likes my big can. But it will be nice to be bikini-ready...maybe I'll bust out my custom hankerchief halter top again. Bye bye beer belly!! Nice knowing ya!

No comments: