Thursday, June 30, 2005

You can still hear the demon blowin' his top.

I'm sad to say that The Hunches did not shake me at my foundation. I don't like singers who roll all over the floor and try and intimidate the crowd. I think they are rather on the lame side. But This Moment in Black History made up for it by ruling the school and singing "Let's Talk About a Civil War", which is just fantastic. It was good to hang with Johnny Switchblade, even if he was rockin' a cold that may have been passed on to me, and Uncle Ben. I came to terms with what an old lady I am when circa 11:30p, all I could think about was how soft my pillows are. Regardless, my leaving early affected nothing since Hunches didn't play "Lisa Told Me" or "Same New Thing". I sort of tossed $7 in the can...though money spent on a show is never wasted. Music (and art) is my life.

Leaving for Heavy Rebel tomorrow morning, bright and eary. I'm not packed, my car is not cleaned out, my toenails aren't painted, but HOT DAMN, am I ready to blow this pop-stand. Three days in Winston-Salem, regardless of how hot, with the Ol' Kentucky Sharks, endless amounts of PBR, and continuous music...hot damn. I just really can't wrap my mind around the fact that on Sunday night, I will be with my future husband, Torr Skoog, once again. Kings of Nuthin'...in my Top 5 Favorite Bands. Wow...I'm practically shaking in anticipation! SO MUCH TO DO! SO LITTLE TIME! And that's how I like it...I work best under pressure. This weekend, to be honest, is exactly what I need, exactly when I need it. God bless you, Heavy Rebel 2005!

No comments: