Friday, June 10, 2005

Walk the line blindfolded. Climb the tree barefooted.

Yesterday morning, my status as a single gal become official and if I said I didn't cry and was stone-faced and tuff, that would be a lie. Seeing him up on the stand saying that he did, in fact, want our marriage to be terminated pretty much ripped my heart out Indian Jones-style (I wish I could think of another heart-ripping-out-of-chest reference but that's all I've got). So I cried a little but I never looked him in the eyes...I did look at his horrible new method of trimming his sideburns. That monstrosity was comforting.

You know what else was comforting? Getting a block of cheese with a FACE on it! Queen La Tata made me a "cheesy" gift basket with a variety of crackers, some tea, and my favorite, cheese! I appreciate it more than she will ever know (unless she reads this and then POW...she knows). If cheese is a consolation prize, I'm getting my heart broken more often! Oh snap.

So my first weekend plan, as you know, was to stay in bed and watch greaser movies and cry and pout. Eat some greasey chinese food. Never shower. Never get out of my pajamas. That evolved into transporting my movie marathon to the motor city so I had some company...but said company had Saturday afternoon plans which really put a wrench in my "do nothing but pity myself weekend". So how am I spending my first weekend as a single gal?

Miss Phoebe Bean, queen of spontaneous and outrageous decisions, has booked us a hotle room in Chicago WITH a pool and we are leaving directly from work. We are going to swim and drink and eat and rock and sleep and repeat until check out time on Sunday. Even as I packed a purple suit case, I coudn't believe we were just going to hit the road on such short notice! However, I think it's what I need and I trust her judgement about my emotions. Yesterday she encouraged me to spend the night offereing Sex and the City and mac-n-cheese (which morphed into Taco Bell). I felt much better than expected considering the horror of a morning I had. So Chicago, here we come! Still boggles my mind.

And as an ending note, I'll say that I think the Pussyfoot show in July is just going to be nutty. We've doubled out amount of songs and I think everyone is a little bit worried about us pulling it off, myself included. Hopefully it all comes together in the end...or before the end because we'll all be sweating bullets about it. Stay tuned to see if The Pussyfoot Girls all manage to keep their heads on!

1 comment:

tinyhands said...

You got cheese? NO FAIR!